Are you a parent who is tired of seeing well-intentioned children's gifts go to waste? Have you been to a kid's birthday party recently and been astounded by the sheer volume of plastic that gets gifted? Do our kids really need 20 more plastic toys and what is this doing to the environment that they are set to grow up in?
- Millions of pounds get wasted every year on unwanted gifts that end up on the landfill
- The average child in UK owns over 200 toys but only regularly plays with a handful
- 90% of toys contain plastic that cannot be recycled
The time is now to encourage healthier habits and channel gift giver's well-intentioned energy towards more meaningful gifts that are better for the child and the environment.
Gifter is an online platform that allows parents and guardians to invite friends and family to pool gift contributions for their child, thereby funding gifts and experiences that their child really needs. Resulting in less hassle, less waste and more meaning every time.
The product is currently in the MVP and testing stage and so far has received positive feedback from parents that have used it to pool funds towards gifts such as surfboards, music lessons or money towards savings.
There are various ways it can develop and the goal here is for every child to have a Gifter account in order to eliminate unnecessary waste and build healthier habits.
Co-founder: Commercial, growth, partnerships
- Passionate entrepreneur that is interested in this area
- Preferably a parent/guardian yourself and you understand the pain points firsthand
- The offer at this stage is for equity, with salary to be discussed after next funding round.
- This is a remote working opportunity with potential to meet up on Fridays in the Shoreditch office.
I am a parent to a 7 months old boy and have already experienced the sheer volume of gifting inefficiency first hand. I have 13 years of corporate and start up experience, working in Strategy, Operations and more recently Product Management.
If you are interested in discussing this further, please send an email to email@example.com