Central London preferred with 2-3 days p/w from home (remote with occasional London visits also considered)
SparkChange is a high-growth Climate Tech company and provider of specialist carbon investment products and data. The company was founded in 2018 by executives in clean energy and technology, with backing from prominent financial institutions. Our mission is to revolutionise access to carbon. More investors with access means a bigger impact on the environment. That doesn’t just change a world of investing; it can change the future of our planet.
Your day will look like this:
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our established London team. As part of our Engineering hub at SparkChange, your principal responsibilities will be working with the existing frontend developers to develop new React UIs for our data platform, and assisting with the development and maintenance of cloud-hosted microservices, databases, devops, and related projects. You’ll report to the Head of Technology but will also work closely with the engineering, data, and marketing teams to implement the company vision.
The ideal candidate is someone who already has strong technical knowledge but is keen to learn more and has the flexibility to work on a variety of projects according to business need. This position requires initiative, attention to detail, the discipline to build systems the ‘right way’, and a passion for delivering strategic value in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals and a passion for problem solving
- A proven ability to build world class React UIs with well-designed UX and UI
- Great communication skills with a focus on understanding a problem, and designing a solution that targets the needs of the end user
- Passion for the SparkChange mission
The below skills are not requirements to be considered for the role, but we would expect a successful candidate to have had exposure to a number of them:
- Agile development processes and their implementation
- REST APIs
- C#/.NET Core Micro Services
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Microsoft Azure, including authentication and DevOps
- Knowledge of React component libraries such as Material UI
- Automated testing
Our Core Values:
Everyone is an entrepreneur: We take ownership and always stand by our results. We get things done quickly and never give up.
We love what we do: We’re passionate about our work and the global impact we can have as a team, even with a small footprint. We take pride in everything we put our name to.
Best idea wins: If your idea makes the most sense, that’s what we’re doing, regardless of your role or seniority.
We think big and long term: We strongly believe in the power of thinking big and challenging ordinary perspective.
No egos: We don’t get carried away by past wins. There’ll always be bigger challenges, ways to improve, and new frontiers just ahead.
Perks - We think the little things are important too:
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Flexible start and end to your day
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays + birthdays off
- Private healthcare
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay