Operations Associate (Afternoon + Early Evenings), Full-Time – £25,000-£27,000 per annum
Location: Remote (note no visa sponsorship available)
About Tandem (www.ridetandem.co.uk)
Tandem is building the world’s most flexible transport solution.
Traditional public transport – especially buses – have steadily gotten worse over the last decade. In many places, if you don’t have a car, you might find it difficult to get to work, access healthcare, or get to the supermarket.
While almost all transport technology companies focus exclusively on huge cities like London, New York or Berlin, Tandem is the first technology company focused on directly improving transport options for people living in towns and small cities.
Tandem’s tech-enabled partnerships with local taxi, minibus and coach companies offer a uniquely flexible alternative, providing employers, local governments and others with bespoke transport solutions that also do good in the world. By making it easier for our passengers to share their commutes and other journeys, we’re reducing the number of cars on the road, and enabling more than £1m of wages every month for our passengers.
As a fast-growing start up, no two days at Tandem are the same. We’re committed to making transport better for everyone, and we’re working towards that goal by creating user-friendly tech, providing world-class customer service and helping get people to where they need to be, every single day.
Tandem has been founded by three experienced co-founders and is backed by leading VCs and grantmakers like the European Space Agency.
About the role
Tandem is now looking for an afternoon + early evenings Operations Associate to assist with our core operations and day to day running of the business.
You’ll be part of a small and growing team, working directly alongside the three co-founders, our Senior Operations Manager and other Operations team member colleagues. The role will be extremely fast paced and will provide an opportunity to develop a range of skills whilst playing a crucial role in the company’s growth.
The role encompasses a range of customer service and operations tasks. Not every task will be exciting (although many are!), but this is a rare opportunity to spend time as an early team member at a startup with global ambitions.
You will receive as much support and training as you need, but we need someone who we can rely on to get their job done effectively and efficiently. Familiarity with Google Suite, as well as experience in customer service, account management or other similar role would both be advantageous.
The role is intended for coverage between 13:00 to 21:00, Monday-Friday. Any subsequent changes to this would be mutually agreed.
There are three main areas of responsibility:
- Day-to-day responsibility for helping to ensure all of Tandem’s services run smoothly, including receiving and processing booking requests in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with a number of key administrative processes e.g. the logs of all of our rides / track invoice payments
2) Customer relations
- Be the first point of day-to-day contact for our passengers while on shift
- Be the first point of day-to-day contact for our B2B and B2G partners (taxi/minibus/coach companies, employers and employment agencies) while on shift
- We’re a small and growing team. From time to time there may be opportunities to take on work/projects in other areas of the business (e.g. data analysis for monthly reporting requirements, helping to develop new marketing materials, and supporting the business development team).
What we’re looking for…
- A real all-rounder with a clear ability to think on your feet
- Confident, smart, entrepreneurial – you back yourself to learn and find ways of getting things done
- A ‘people person’ – you’d need to feel confident talking to the public about Tandem – both existing customers and potential new ones, to our partners and to us, whether by email, phone or other channels
- Able to juggle multiple tasks, prioritising the most-important and ensuring all are done in time
- Detail-oriented – you’ll notice mistakes before they happen!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confident using office computer software e.g. Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
We’re building our team to be ‘remote-first’. Our team is based across different parts of the country (and the world), so whilst we’ll speak every day (often multiple times!) – you should feel confident working solo.
Note: for those who would like occasional in-person co-working, members of the team based in or around London have the option of working together from a shared co-working space 1-2 times a week.
Working at Tandem
What we offer:
- 28 days per year annual leave plus bank holidays;
- A pension scheme with employer contribution;
- The chance to be part of a meaningful challenge and to see the impact of your work;
- Real responsibility from the start;
- Working with a motivated, small but fast-growing team that is driven by a passion for positive social impact;
- Competitive salary of up to £25-£27k per annum (depending on experience)
How to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in - and suitability for - the role.
We can only accept applicants that have the right to work in their country of residence (Tandem currently cannot offer UK visa sponsorship).
If you have any questions – please get in touch and we’ll be happy to help!
We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team. We really do want applications from a range of candidates. If you can do most of the above, but you’ve got a nagging doubt that it’s not quite everything - please do go ahead and apply. We can’t promise we’ll hire you, but if you explain why you’re a great candidate - we promise to consider your application carefully.