Marketing Director - InvestTech
# About us
Vauban is making it easy to become a Venture Capitalist by providing the backend infrastructure needed to create SPVs or Venture Capital Funds.
We let you launch & run a venture firm from your laptop.
Whether you want to raise capital on a deal-by-deal basis (through a syndicate) or through a fund, our platform lets you fundraise from investors to back startups in a few clicks.
You focus on finding great startups to invest in, we sort out the rest.
We have been trusted by angel investors and large venture capital firms alike to create over 400 funds & SPVs to date, holding over $800m in capital.
We have helped investors own stakes in companies such as Airbnb, SpaceX, Tide and many more.
We are not stopping there - we are growing 200%+ year-on-year and our ambitious plans include becoming the biggest investment platform in the world by bringing together great companies and private investors in a single ecosystem.
# The challenges you'll tackle
- The Shepherd: You will be the shepherd of our marketing funnel, helping future users identify the intrinsic value of using Vauban’s products.
- Strategic Sparrer: You will help define the go-to-market strategy for Vauban, and revel in debating your ideas with the leadership team.
- Community builder: You will help position us as a thought leader in the venture capital space and help create deep ties with our clients through community-building initiatives.
- Story-teller: You will define the look and feel of our branding through design-thinking and story-telling.
- Numbers Person: You will love all things analytical and use metrics as a second language to ensure our conversions and budgets are on track.
# The impact you'll have
You will be our first senior marketing hire and play a critical part in our journey, working closely with the Founders and senior management, community team, and build out your own team to help Vauban realise its strategic goals.
# Who you are
- 7+ years of marketing experience in a hyper-growth startup/scaleup, ideally in the FinTech space.
- You have a breadth of knowledge across multiple marketing channels, and know how to build a brand from first principles.
- Highly analytical and data-driven mindset to help drive growth.
- You are happy to roll up your sleeves to get involved in hands-on marketing work.
- Experience in using marketing CRMs is a big plus.
- We are at the intersection of tech, finance, accounting, legal, tax and regulation. You'll be hungry to learn!
- Interest in Venture Capital and Statrtups: if you are excited as we are when we hear these words, you're in the right place.
This role would really fit someone with significant marketing experience in the FinTech space who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty, but we embrace diversity in talent and background, so feel free to apply even if you feel like you don’t fully match the description above.
# How we work
We have a simple philosophy – we live, breathe, and lead by 4 key values:
- Courage - We undertake stark missions and bold strategic moves that most find crazy and we fight courageously to make them happen.
- Pioneer - Traditional players in our industry offer extremely poor user experiences because it is full of assumptions used as excuses to remain in the past. We think from first principles and debunk myths, doing things in a way that has never been done before.
- Polymath - Vauban is an end-to-end product, each of our containers has a lot of expertise behind it: engineering, legal, finance and design. But it's perfectly integrated. This is because we have no divisions: everyone has an interest in what the other is doing. If you often find yourself searching about various different stuff online to constantly learn new things, you are at home at Vauban.
- 110% - We work hard and smart. We believe in the concept of scale down to the smallest level, where adding a little more productivity at the micro-level can build towards extraordinary outcomes.
# What we can offer you
- Be a part of a growing technology startup and shape the future of alternative investments.
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Mafia Employee Syndicate - get access to and invest in the very best private deals in the world from small investment amounts. No other company can offer you this
- 32 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Free Punk IPA and Ozone coffee
- Free book subscriptions
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Office in the City of London
- Team gaming nights / dinners / parties (When that's an option)
# About Vauban
Vauban was founded by Rémy Astie and Ulric Musset with a passion to revolutionise the way that fund structuring and administration worked - by making it as simple and pain-free as how shipping containers changed the way international shipping worked (Read more here). Wealth Containers was the logical next step in that evolution. Since building their very first Wealth Container, they have changed the way that over 3,000 investors have accessed alternative investments.
We have been backed by key venture partners such as Kima Ventures, West Loop Ventures, United First Partners, and Pi Labs. Vauban is headquartered in London, and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 825317).