# About us
Vauban is making it easy to become a VC by providing the infrastructure needed as an online service.
Whether you want to raise on a deal-by-deal basis (through a syndicate) or through a fund, our platform lets you fundraise from investors to back startups in a few clicks.
You focus on finding great startups to invest in, we sort out the rest.
We have been trusted by angel investors and large venture capital firms alike to create over 300 funds & SPVs, holding over $800m in the capital.
We have helped investors own stakes in such companies as Airbnb, SpaceX, Tide and many more.
We are not stopping there - we are growing 200% year on year and want to become the biggest investment platform in the world by bringing together all the good companies and all private investors in a single ecosystem.
# The challenges you’ll help to tackle
UX & Design is at the centre of everything we do at Vauban. We got featured in the Best of Behance for our redesign (https://www.behance.net/galler...) & we are constantly working on optimising our UX flows.
- Investing in private markets like venture capital involves complexity: how do you help streamline our platform for investors to create the best possible user experience?
- Filling in financial product sign-up, onboarding and KYC forms can be a painful process; how do you create a workflow that sparks joy for our users?
- How do you balance the need for internal tools and applications to help automate existing processes for busy teammates vs. the need to make the user experience more elegant?
# The impact you'll have
Helping to create an unmatched investing experience will lead to more investments in the VC asset class and ultimately provide funding to founders with ideas that can change the world. You will join our growing product team that will play a critical part in our business success as grow quickly after recently closing a Series-A fundraise.
# Who you are
- 3+ year of experience in a Product design role
- Knowledge and skills developed across a variety of tools that help you create wireframes, design mock-ups and model process workflows (e.g. Invision, Figma, etc).
- Creative enough to imagine your own testing edge cases and then patient enough to iteratively test (and retest) until the feature workflow is working perfectly, 100% of the time. Attention to detail is key here.
- Enthusiastic about the venture capital industry and understand the basic mechanics of crowd-funding.
- Not intimidated by terms like regulation, compliance and legal within the financial services industry - that's the core of our product. Some experience in workflow design for challenger bank onboarding, KYC or similar would be ideal!
# How we work
We have a simple philosophy – we live, breathe and lead by 4 key values:
Courage - We undertake stark missions and bold strategic moves that most find crazy, and we fight courageously to make them happen.
Pioneer – Traditional players in our industry offer extremely poor user experiences, they are full of assumptions used as excuses to remain in the past. We think from first principles and debunk myths, doing things in a way that has never been done before.
Polymath - Vauban is an end-to-end product, each of our containers has a lot of expertise behind it: engineering, legal, finance and design. But it’s perfectly integrated. This is because we have no divisions: everyone has an interest in what the other is doing. If you often find yourself searching about various things online to constantly learn, you are at home at Vauban.
110% - We work hard and smart. We believe in the concept of scale down to the smallest level, where adding a little more productivity at the micro-level can build towards extraordinary outcomes.
# What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 32 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Free book subscriptions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Office based role in Shoreditch HQ (with great coffee!)
- Team gaming nights / dinners / parties (when that’s an option)
# About Vauban
Vauban was founded by Remy Astie and Ulric Musset with a passion to democratise the way capital was deployed into startups.
Since the very first deal in 2018. They have helped investors funding $800m in companies such as Airbnb, SpaceX, Tide and many more.
We have been backed by key partners such as Kima Ventures, West Loop Ventures, United First Partners and Pi Labs. Vauban is headquartered in London and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 825317).
We value diversity at Vauban, we know that innovation thrives on teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising.