Our mission is to give people true-time offline from their digitally dependent lives.
We do this by building beautiful off-grid cabins close to city life for busy folk like you to lock their phones away and truly switch off for a 3-day digital detox.
We believe taking true time offline is essential to our mental health & productivity and are on the lookout for talented humans with an entrepreneurial streak interested in building incredible spaces that shape the future of our offline wellbeing.
We're on the hunt for team member #5 - someone to help us nail operations as we grow from 12 cabins to 40 across 2022. The role requires adaptability, resilience, an abundance of common sense, and a driving licence.
On average, 60-80% of your working week will be desk based, where you could be planning the launch of a new cabin, for example sourcing new suppliers or tradespeople, or organising restocks, managing comms with our cleaning teams, or fire-fighting any surprise issues at that could crop up at any of our cabins. The rest of the time you'll be on the road, perhaps kitting out a cabin at our workshop in Northampton, or overseeing the delivery of a new cabin at a new site (they're all within 90 mins or so of London). You'll work closely with our Head of Ops so whilst there's plenty of autonomy with the role, you'll be fully supported both in and out the office.
- Sourcing new partners and suppliers - each location we launch needs a cleaning team and suppliers for things like gas and firewood
- Managing existing partner/supplier relationships - you'll ensure our suppliers know what we need and when
- Helping launch new cabins - a cabin needs the same quantity of appliances, accessories and furnishings as a one-bed flat - so there's a lot to sort to make it guest-ready
- Crisis management - things go wrong, we need someone cool, calm and collected to help fix them
- Be forward thinking & creative in the systems and processes we implement - we're a young company and thrive on improving the way things are done: if it makes your life easier whilst getting the same result - do it!
- You're a natural at building rapport with people
- You're exceptionally well organised
- You're not phased by last minute changes or a bit of fire-fighting
- You have an entrepreneurial, problem solving mindset
- You enjoy the fast-paced nature of start-up life and the challenges it can throw at you
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a year or two of experience in an ops role where you've dealt with many spinning plates and worked hard to fix problems. There's huge scope for progression as we grow and we're after someone who's keen on joining us for the long haul.
- Flexible working policy and a WeWork 'All Access' membership
- Annual 3-day digital detox at one of our cabins
- Additional 3 "true-time offline" days on top of 28-day holiday allowance
- Sizeable chunk of equity in a company that plans to go BIG
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a cover letter via the link below. Be sure to include the below:
- Tell us about a big operational problem you've encountered, and how you helped to fix it
- Tell us something practical or resourceful that you've accomplished - either at work or in your home life
- It's install day - the truck delivering the cabin is due to arrive at 2pm. Can you think of three things that could go wrong?
- Please also confirm that you have a full UK driving licence.
We look forward to hearing from you!