Are you an experienced web design manager or team lead on the look out for a uniquely exciting career step? Great! Read on.
This role will have you leading a small super star team of 2 UI designers, who are responsible for the design and coding of our referral programmes. Not just any referral programmes though, we’re the UK’s leader, working with over 450 brands like Pretty Little Thing, Farfetch, Puma and a load more. You’ll work closely with our Operations and Client Success teams to ensure the Client Design team tailors every programme to fit each brand perfectly. While your primary responsibility will be leading the team, the fun of staying hands-on is a secondary part of the role, giving you the opportunity to set the bar and lead on setting best practice.
- Day to day management of client design projects, ensuring delivery is timely and of the highest standard
- Track project type, volumes, and time scales to better inform team processes
- QA of team output (aesthetic and functional)
- Manage a small team of designers, facilitating 121s, team catch-ups, knowledge share etc.
- Be proactive in identifying career development possibilities for team members
- Develop and revise team initiatives and process improvements to ensure the team is constantly working as effectively as possible
- Work cross-functionally with teams across the business, including Operations, Onboarding, Client Success & Sales teams
- Provide technical expertise on all aspects of the HTML/CSS/LESS design templates in use
- Be able to communicate directly with our clients when needed
- Identify improvement and optimisation opportunities in the customer journey and relay these to the product team
- Hands-on design and coding of referral programmes for clients and prospects to support the team as required
We’d love if you were able to bring with you:
- Experience managing a small design team effectively
- Ability to clearly communicate team contributions, outputs and initiatives to senior managers and the wider company.
- Relevant digital portfolio demonstrating clean and modern visual language
- Sophisticated layout and typography skills
- Previous experience working with brand guidelines and interpreting them for new visual applications
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of HTML, CSS & Responsive Design
- Strong working knowledge of Figma & Photoshop
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Very well organised and able to work well under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Collaborative, supportive, constructive
- Good knowledge of email design & cross browser testing
- Knowledge of Litmus and Browserstack
- Up to date with best practices in UI, UX and latest trends in web and app design
Diversity, equality and inclusion
At Mention Me, we’re striving to create a diverse workplace where everyone feels included and respected. We welcome all applications, particularly from those in underrepresented demographics. If you’d like to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Mention Me, please get in touch.
Here’s why you should join us
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
The serious stuff:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an additional day for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
The fun stuff:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders’ Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage everyone to take a lunch break, promote wellbeing with yoga classes, and are happy to discuss flexible working
- An amazing (although sadly currently closed) office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events. So far this year, we’ve had remote chocolate-tasting, pottery-making and poker nights, to name a few
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass
Who we are:
At Mention Me, we’re on a mission to put trust back into the heart of marketing. Our referral marketing and customer retention platform has delivered more than 3 million referrals and increased customer lifetime value for 450+ brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2015, we now employ more than 80 specialists and work with brands like Farfetch, Ocado Zoom and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and Best Software as a Service at the Digital Experience Awards.
In 2018, we raised $7 million in funding from Eight Roads Ventures to fuel our next phase of growth as the market-leading referral platform.
More about us here: work at Mention Me
Articles: day in the life of a product manager and a day in the life of a software engineer