Job Title: Assistant Merchandiser
Department/Group: Designer Maker
Line Manager: Merchandiser/ Senior Merchandiser
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Travel Required: No
Who we are
At MADE.com we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture and homewares at a fair price.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make
What you’ll be doing:
The Assistant Merchandiser is responsible for supporting sales and profitability targets of the category whilst managing stock within agreed company targets. A confident communicator, extremely well organised with excellent analytical skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Manage category stock ordering process, delivering against weekly stock and lead time targets
- Manage the supplier orders with the support of MAA, challenging supply base to deliver as agreed
- Closely monitor and track supplier lead-times to support accurate stock forecasting and highlight any risk or opportunity in the sales and profit targets
- Plan appropriately for key periods e.g. Sale, CNY, Pre Xmas delivery
- Highlight slow sellers and overstocks and manage through targeted actions
Supply Base Management
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers and Far East sourcing offices
- Monitor on-time delivery performance of supply base and, in conjunction with the Buyer, take appropriate actions
- Create and share forecasts that provide suppliers with the ability to plan their production, with the objective of reducing ordering lead times and improving reliability
Range Planning & Forecasting
- Prepare and communicate analysis to support and influence the category strategy
- Alongside Merchandiser, manage the category WSSI, reviewing sales, markdown and stock forecasts in line with targets and ensure it is reflective of latest intake position and offer feedback on any risk or opportunity in the plan
- Maintain and review automated SKU forecasts
- Support subcategory budget and forecasting process and regularly review BTA
- Forecast sales performance of new SKUs, with input from buyer on product ranking
- Support management of critical path for delivery of new product ranges
- Present sales, stock and profit analysis in regular meetings, highlighting appropriate actions to ensure targets are met
- Plan promotional periods in line with category targets and performance to drive sales, profitability and stock efficiency
- Support delivery of company marketing and promotional campaigns through close relationship with the Marketing team
- Own intake management for the category working closely with the Logistics department
- Take an active role in Champion projects
- Suggest, implement and deliver improvements to the Merchandising process
What You’ll Need:
- Experience in Merchandising, ideally already working as an Assistant Merchandiser at a fast paced retailer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical skills, with ability to extract insightful information from complex data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build strong cross-functional working relationships
- Confidence when presenting in meetings
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise
- Ability to work well in a team
What we offer
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative, and fun office environment.
- We are proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra day of holiday for every year served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we’re open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it is important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in London
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.