We are seeking a smart and driven person for our full time operations internship at our well funded e-commerce fulfillment startup. We are only considering interns that could work full days, not part time, for at least 3 months.
At Bezos, our vision is to Deliver Happiness: For our team, for the end consumers, for the e-commerce sellers as well as our logistics partners.
Exciting times in e-commerce: E-commerce sales in Europe is projected to be £406 billion by 2023, expected to grow 8% per year between 2018-2023. The growth is driven by consumers that increasingly buy more online as well as the emergence of small and medium e-commerce sellers, which have grown at 18% and 28% per year, respectively between 2009-2017. There are 200,000 small and medium e-commerce sellers in the UK alone, selling their products through multiple channels, including marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay, their own websites, and on social media like Facebook and Instagram. Today, these small and medium sellers are ignored by the large incumbent logistics service providers and we are on a mission to change that.
Building a next generation Fulfillment-as-a-Service platform: With this explosive growth in e-commerce, the demand for e-commerce fulfilment and delivery is booming. Bezos is a next generation Fulfillment-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform, that allows small and medium e-commerce sellers to outsource their fulfilment and delivery, and focus on what is more important: growing their businesses. By providing a one-stop-shop solution for e-commerce logistics, we make it super easy for sellers to manage their logistics, eliminating the hassle of storage, fulfillment, last mile delivery and returns. Our sellers benefit from our pay-as-you go model, flexible contracts, and high data visibility through our platform. Bezos’ operational model is based on partnering with certified logistics suppliers that will execute the different services on our behalf. We believe there is a massive market opportunity to serve these currently unattended and fast growing small and medium e-commerce sellers. And that is just the beginning: our vision for the future of the e-commerce logistics landscape foresees significant structural changes in order to comply with the growing changes in customer expectations regarding delivery speed and quality. We believe this will give place to significant disruption opportunities, and we are planning on taking a leading role to achieve them.
A founder with a proven track record: Vernon was Director of Amazon Flex UK (part of Amazon’s Last Mile Product & Technology team), a crowdsourced last mile delivery solution with tens of thousands of drivers, enabling everyone with a vehicle and mobile phone to deliver packages for Amazon. Prior to that, Vernon worked at Zipcar, the global car sharing company, Bain & Company and started his career in investment banking at JPMorgan (LinkedIn profile here).
We are looking for an exceptional intern: Someone that gets excited about the adventure of a startup and wants to work hard and learn how to build a world class billion dollar business. Someone that is hands on, solves problems, and gets his or her hands dirty in the execution. Someone that is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced startup, coupled with strong analytical skills, taking a data-driven approach to solve complex problems and programs. A “can do” attitude is an absolute must, and candidates must demonstrate a superior track record of delivering results.
- You will be assigned different projects within operations which you will lead from beginning to end
- Develop and implement new processes to enable Bezos’ platform to work seamlessly for e-commerce sellers, including storage, fulfillment and delivering e-commerce orders
- Be a proactive member of the team by acting on customer feedback and suggesting new ways to improve our customer journey
- Help manage day-to-day customer ticketing interactions and performance
- Supporting our seller with their order related issues by finding the root cause of the problem, fixing it and then designing a process to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Must have requirements:
- We are only looking for full time interns (2-3 months minimum)
- Ability to understand new concepts rapidly and react in a high-energy, fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do, never-give-up attitude
- Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines
- Highly analytical, using data to explore problems, identify opportunities and assess benefits and impacts
- Good vibes: Fostering team spirit; someone everyone enjoys and aspires to work with