Tillit’s mission is to empower everyone to invest with confidence, conviction & ease in the best funds across borders.
At Tillit we believe that long-term investment success lies in funds. But the user experience of investing in funds is poor, outdated and dull. We are on a mission to change that by building Tillit - a world-class, device-agnostic investment platform focused on offering what we believe to be best-in-class funds to personal investors. Through storytelling and transparency, we are creating an engaging user experience we want to help people make better long-term investment decisions.
Tillit means ‘trust’ in Swedish. Trust is fundamental to what we do and it underpins everything from our culture to the relationships we hope to build with our customers. By creating an outstanding product, providing helpful content in plain English, and offering an excellent customer experience, we seek to earn that trust from our customers.
We are a well-funded start-up, having completed our seed funding round in December 2021 (details yet to be announced). The company was built during the COVID-19 pandemic and the platform was launched into private beta in May 2021. After six months of beta testing, we launched to the public in November 2021.
The focus for 2022 is on evolving the fund discovery process, deepening the customer experience through content and new features, and expanding the product range. We will also be developing internal tools and automating operational processes so that we can deliver a scalable, secure, market-leading investing experience.
Financial services products can often come across as cold, sterile and boring. And a lot of it is blue. From day one, we have had a different vision, one that takes inspiration from more creative corners of the world. At Tillit, ‘Bold’ is one of our core values. We dare to be different and strive to be radical, and we encourage uninhibited imagination and flair. Because we believe that great design transcends products and features to evoke feelings and create moments. At Tillit, great design is not a nice to have, it’s critical to what we do.
This is a very exciting role straddling product design and branding in a highly design focused company. You will work closely with our founders, the engineering team, and the customer experience team, and you will play a key part in the evolution of the look, feel and experience of our whole platform.
- Create new, and evolve existing, designs and experiences from initial discovery and user journey mapping, through to execution of final UI/UX design details.
- Apply design principles and best practice to the design process from wire-framing, to developing high-fidelity prototypes.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to deliver development-ready product designs.
- Work closely with the customer experience team to build a clear understanding of who our customers are, their needs, and how we deliver solutions that solve their problems in exquisite ways.
- Create collateral for our marketing comms and campaigns.
What we offer:
- Position: Product Designer
- Employment type: Permanent, Full-time
- Location: We operate a hybrid model and it’s up to you how you want to split your time between the office (London or Edinburgh) and working from home.
- Compensation: £35,000- £40,000pa (+ 10% for London-based applicants)
- Equity: Stock options giving you a chance to own a part of the company
- Pension: 5% employer contribution
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days + flexible bank holidays
- Personal development: Self-directed, accumulating, learning budget of £500 pa (disbursed quarterly) + MasterClass membership
- Product discount: Discounted Tillit platform fee of 0.25% pa
We are on the hunt for an enthusiastic Product Designer with untamed imagination and a passion for great, bold, and intuitive design. A successful candidate will have an extremely creative mind, an exceptional eye for detail and a passion for pioneering design that pushes boundaries and delights customers.
- Creative flair with a passion for design and an eye for detail
- Proven track record of creating unique designs and high-quality user experiences
- Strong prototyping skills with proficiency in software for wireframing, visual design and the production of marketing materials
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) enabling you to work seamlessly in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working within, or closely with an engineering team
- Strong multitasking and comfortable balancing multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience of working with tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders
- Flexible and comfortable with change
- Enthusiasm for learning new design concepts and techniques in a high paced environment
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in a design-led consumer brand company or agency
- Previous experience as a Product Designer in a startup
- Experience of distilling complex information and processes into simple user experiences on multiple devices
- Track record of producing high-quality visual assets for digital and print marketing sympathetic to existing branding and design systems
- Experience of using Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- A working knowledge of modern web technologies and capabilities
Please note that for this role we can only consider UK residents with the right to work in the UK.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting FinTech with a growing team where you can play a key part in shaping the future of how people invest. If this gets you excited and you think you’ve got what it takes, then we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your portfolio with your application to be considered for this role.
No agencies please.