Optimi is a virtual first, interactive sport and exercise medicine platform, accessible via an app. The app makes it easy to reach sports medicine professionals and self management programmes for common muscle and joint conditions and exercise injuries. Our professionals are experts operating in international sport and our platform augments their expert care with advanced technologies and behavioural science to enable highly personalised and engaging treatment experiences.
We were founded with the belief that the advanced levels of care and the latest clinical research available to professional athletes should be accessible to us all, regardless of our athletic ability. Optimi exists to make this possible.
We are a member of Zinc VC’s 2020 portfolio and London Sport’s Sport-tech Innovation 2021 portfolio. Our focus for the next 6 months will be the completion of a number of pilots with the support of England Athletics, Harlequins Rugby Club Foundation, Bath University and the Centre for Sport, Exercise and Osteoarthritis Research. We will use these pilots to iterate our product with users before market entry.
We have a close knit core team and advisory board, including the Chief Medical Officer of the Australian Rugby Team, the former COO of Google Europe, the founder of Microsoft’s Advanced Imaging Centre, and a former McKinsey’s Health Partner. We are all passionate about health, fitness and innovation and you'll need to share this passion and be excited by the start up journey ahead.
This opportunity will suit a software engineer who is looking to join a start up during its early stages and has a passion for user centric design. As an early member of the team, you will receive significant equity and will have the opportunity to shape the development of the business. You'll largely control your own working day and will have the freedom to build the team as we scale. We'll expect you to be self motivated and highly reliable and capable of executing at pace. We would prefer you to be London based but are happy to explore remote options for the right individual.
- Lead on the technical development of our app and platform. This will initially be the primary focus of the role
- Iterate and test product with early users, ensuring we are translating user feedback into our product design
- Create technical roadmap to support the product strategy
- Hire and lead engineering team, including the sourcing and management of a development agency where needed
- Advise on the most appropriate tech to support the ongoing goals of our users
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience developing early stage products, especially consumer focused apps is essential
- Proven track record in mobile app development, bonus points if you have experience developing health or fitness apps
- Excellent knowledge of:
- Back-end development, including Node, Firebase, Express and MSSQL
- Front-end development, including React native and redux
- Hosting, including Heroku
- Ability to both strategize and execute – you must be comfortable executing the day to day activity before we are in a position to hire additional team members. This will mean leading the build of the app and the platform.
- Start up experience is beneficial but not essential
- Degree in engineering or computer science is preferable but not essential
- Positive approach - we want to build an upbeat and supportive team excited by the mission
- Strong work ethic and problem solving mindset – we’re looking for people who enjoy challenges and can work through them in calm and creative ways
- Comfortable in a fast moving environment – we’re in a fast moving space and need to build quickly to capture opportunities and maintain our momentum
- Trustworthy, highly reliable and honest – we believe these are essential for all close relationships
- Team player – we want you to enjoy and contribute to the culture in a close knit team
- Our brand values are trust, excellence and innovation – we’re looking for these to resonate with you and help to guide your activity within the company
- Equity - depending on experience and commitment. We can be flexible on whether the commitment is initially full time or part time – and we expect it to be part time, prior to a salary being paid.
- Please note at present this is an equity only role with salary commencing following our seed round.
If this sounds like you, please apply with a quick note outlining why you’re interested in the position and how your skill set matches those required. We look forward to hearing from you!