Do you love the thought of working with a wide variety of clients, from nimble startups to large manufacturers, using your numeric nouse to drive the financial side of their tax credit claims?
If this sounds like you, read on!
GrantTree is an innovation funding consultancy specialising in R&D Tax Credits and Grants. We work with some of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximize their government funding opportunities. We have ambitious plans for the years ahead and are looking for bright, motivated, and conscientious people to join our R&D tax credits delivery team.
That’s where you come in!
As a Junior Financial R&D Consultant, you’ll be working with our financial experts helping them make the most of GrantTree’s services. You’ll gain a deep understanding of R&D Tax Credits, a corporate tax relief scheme that rewards companies for investing in innovation. As part of our rapidly growing team, you’ll be working with internal stakeholders such as our Account Managers to ensure all of the financial and technical information is collated to complete the required reports to file a claim. We are looking for future talent who are as good with people as they are with numbers. If you have a passion for technology, a head for figures, and a love of learning, then you could help hundreds of companies a year bring the future closer.
On a typical day, you might:
- Provide R&D Tax Credits advice to your clients and tell them about changes to the scheme and its regulation
- Connect with internal stakeholders across the business to deliver government innovation funding to meet high levels of expected client service and internal and external deadlines.
- Regularly attend meetings, actively participate in process improvements and help generate solutions to our clients’ R&D tax matters.
- Study for a tax or accounting qualification that will provide you with the fundamental knowledge you need to build a successful career in business, finance or tax. With the full support of the company.
- A passion for finance and technology
- An understanding of accounting principles and corporate tax or an interest in gaining a qualification in these areas
- Comfort using Excel and/or Google sheets to analyse financial data
- A background in technology (particularly software) or finance (tax or accountancy) is a definite bonus
- Experience in balancing competing priorities
- Comfortable communicating with CEOs, CFOs, and founders via email, phone, and in-person
For this role, the salary will be £25,000-£30,000, depending on experience. In addition to your salary, we are offering a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills and fulfill your potential. We also have a flexible approach to working. So, outside of your three-month training period, you can work from wherever you are most productive.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days paid holiday
- Training & development budget
- Monthly wellness budget
- A generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted private health insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Study, pawternity and charity leave
- Regular social and wellness events
- Access to premium platforms like Spill for mental wellbeing
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!
Please answer these questions in the application form or in your cover letter:
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?
- What attributes or dynamics do you look for in a team and why?
- What does trust mean to you?
- What do you want to learn from this role and how do you hope GrantTree will support you?
- Based solely on the job ad, what area do you believe to be your weakest?