Product UI/UX Designer
Guider is on a mission to power a billion inspirational conversations. Our vision is to create the best personal development platform for employees worldwide, with mentoring and coaching at its core.
We’re supporting global brands to implement effective and scalable programmes to help their people grow and develop. Our B2B SaaS platform connects the best mentors in organisations with those looking to learn and grow, creating an impactful culture of knowledge sharing and self-improvement.
We're already working with some of the world's best-known brands to help them develop their people, including Marks & Spencer, Clyde & Co LVMH and EY. Here are a couple of case studies showing the impact we are having!
The successful candidate will be the sole designer within the business and so will get full exposure to all elements of our design and product lifecycle. We’re looking for an individual that is skilled in both UI and UX and is excited by the idea of building out user centric product journeys that allow us to deliver a unique product offering to our users.
You will be involved in every step from initial product ideation, research and delivery, and will be in a position to influence how design is employed within our organisation. You will report directly to the VP product and as such will be in a position to move fast and have impact from your first day.
You’ll love this role if you
- Have a clear idea of how design should be applied in order to create the most impact within the business.
- Love both UI and UX work equally and see them as different but complementary disciplines
- Want to be user led and a solutioniser
- Would love to help us scale up our design function over time
- Relish the challenge of working in a start-up and all that that brings
- Can demonstrate prior successes and are self motivated
- Are hungry to learn and develop your skills
Required skills and experience
- You’re a great UI and UX product designer (regardless of specific experience or qualifications)
- You can design great user experiences across web and native mobile apps
- You have a good understanding of SaaS products
- You’ve worked within an agile/cross-functional team in the past
- You are proficient with Figma
- You have exceptional knowledge of web accessibility standards
- Have prior experience of working on mobile user experiences
- You have conducted quantitative and qualitative user research
- Are able to help out with marketing design work albeit to a lesser extent
- Have experience working with component libraries
- Strong communication skills, fluent written and spoken English
Meriting skills and experiences
- Experience working on early-stage visual brands
- Experience organising and leading individual and/or group customer interviews
- Keenness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with a global team
- Have a working knowledge of HTML & CSS, or have used tools that enable swift and easy transition from design to appliable assets
- Can create illustrations
- Experience in motion design
- Low ego, collaborative, and open-minded
The Benefits of Working at Guider
You will be part of an investor backed tech start-up shaping the future of personal development. We're a fast growing team who are passionate about mentoring and people. Guider cares deeply about helping the technology industry become a more inclusive and diverse place, and we work hard to lead by example. Other exclusive Benefits:
- We finish very early on Friday afternoon, every week. Longer weekends!
- Unlimited Holidays. No catch. We expect you to take as many as you need.
- WeWork Offices: Our HQ is in the City/Shoreditch with a leading 8 floor WeWork, with all the amenities that come with. If you are joining remote, then you can benefit from a WeWork pass in any one of 1000’s of sites across the UK.
- Free drinks: Beer on Tap, soft drinks, tea & Coffee
- Barista: Every day, 9am-12pm, all free
- MacBook Pro with Apple Keyboard and Mouse and other accessories, e.g Monitor, apparel.
- Alumni of leading Accelerators: benefiting from a community of other startups, meet-ups, events and supporting one another.