Big news! We've just raised $25 million in Series B funding from Octopus Ventures and Eight Roads to fuel our next phase of growth. Read about it here
Who we are
Mention Me is the Referral Engineering™ platform for growth-obsessed ecommerce brands. Our world-class programmes have delivered more than 4m referrals totalling £1bn+ in revenue for 450+ brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2013, we now employ more than 80 specialists and work with brands including Farfetch, Bloom & Wild and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and a Bronze Stevie for Customer Service Team of the Year.
Diversity, equality and inclusion
At Mention Me, we’re striving to create a diverse workplace where everyone feels included and respected. We welcome all applications, particularly from those in underrepresented demographics. If you’d like to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Mention Me, please get in touch.
Are you an experienced Account Executive with a knack for building rapport quickly and establishing trust?
We’re looking for an ambitious and motivated Account Executive to join our Sales Team and generate net new revenue for our fast-growing company. The fast paced, but fulfilling, nature of our business means that your role will play an integral part in our company from day one.
If you are looking for a place where you can really establish yourself and work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people you've ever worked with, Mention Me might just be the place for you.
- Run and close deals and achieve or exceed monthly quota
- Meet or exceed monthly targets for qualified opportunities
- Work within the Partner Team and Ecosystem to drive business growth
- Develop superior relationships with prospects to understand customer needs and requirements
- Work as part of the revenue team
- Explaining and demonstrating features of Mention Me to prospects by performing effective online demos and business cases
- Develop in-depth knowledge of MM product and benefits
- Prospect, qualify and develop sales-ready opportunities via email, phone and LinkedIn
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects
- Review your own sales performance and effectively manage your pipeline
- Document all sales activity in our CRM system
- Feed future buying trends back to MM
- Attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues
- Help design new processes for the Inside Sales team in order to optimize performance
- Opportunity to shape how the team interacts with the rest of MM, especially product and marketing
You should apply for this role if you have:
- Track record of over-achieving targets for 3-5 years in a SaaS business.
- An enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic
- A dynamic individual that responds well to change and works well in a fast paced environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about shaping a new team in the business
- Process oriented and goal driven
- Strength in research and problem solving
- Works within the sales team but also within the wider Revenue team and company
- Strong listening and presentation skills, with a knack for building rapport quickly and establishing trust
- Strong objection handling and negotiation skills
- Disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Ability to coach more junior members of the sales team
- High organisation skills and attention to detail - good pipeline management skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
The serious stuff:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an additional day for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
The fun stuff:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders’ Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage everyone to take a lunch break, actively promote wellbeing and are happy to discuss flexible working
- An amazing office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events. So far this year, we’ve had remote wine and gin tastings, pottery-making and poker nights, to name a few
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass