Filter by category
Filter by type
Merchandising & Operations Coordinator (Remote based) at SportPursuitgo back to Data and Product Jobs
Are you a sports enthusiast? Do you always have one eye on the latest trends and get excited at the prospect of working with some of the top sport and lifestyle brands in the industry? This could be the job for you!
We're looking for a bright and enthusiastic member who is great with numbers and has a passion for sport to join our sport teams as a Merchandising & Operations Coordinator.
We are a group of talented and eager individuals who work hard to deliver the end to end sales process, starting with launching a variety of great sales to the website every day to ensure these are delivered on time and in full to our 3rd party warehouse. We strive so we can ensure that our 7 million community of sports enthusiasts have an excellent experience at every touch point.
Upon joining, you'll receive comprehensive training, led by your senior merchandiser and supported by appropriate heads of department. This will include upskilling in Excel, CMS and ERP systems.
Key responsibilities in this role:
- Production selection to ensure a compelling range for our members
- Ensuring all products and sale events have great imagery to inspire customers to buy and ensure all product descriptions are accurate and informative
- Accurate categorising and sorting of new products to fit with the attribute structure
- Manage a portfolio of purchase orders using our ERP systems.
- Ensure timely fulfilment of deliveries from our suppliers to ensure our members are delighted with their delivery experience.
- Work with customer service to resolve issues on delivery and with Finance to ensure the supplier's invoices have been received and reconciled against a PO
- Anticipate problems with shipments and recommend solutions before they arise.
- Review and approve all stock invoices including validating price and quantities to ensure this match the original PO and obtain any authorisations where relevant
- Replying to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and effective manner
A bit about you
As a SportPursuit employee we assume you will have a problem-solving mindset, able to respond to challenges with creative solutions. You will be a team player and will be willing to get stuck in, one of our key values at SportPursuit. We do however require a few specifics from you.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- High attention to detail with a desire to learn quickly in a high-paced, deadline-driven environment and takes pleasure in making things “right”
- Strong analytical skills, including experience of formulas in MS Excel, or a passion to learn
- Self-starter able to work independently and communicate clearly
- Thinks commercially and has a passion for selling
- Able to problem solve effectively strong time management skills with a natural ability to task-switch and plan ahead
- Strong written English and verbal communication skills
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience in online merchandising or operations is preferred
- Have a passion for sport
This role is suited for someone who has experience in Junior Merchandising, who is looking to progress to the next stage of their career.
- Staff discount for access to great quality kit.
- Friendly and Dynamic working environment
- Holiday - get stuck into your adventures. 25 days of holiday a year as standard with the opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days extra!
- Workplace pension - we’re set up with The People’s Pension to make sure we’re contributing to help you save for retirement
- Learning and Development budget available to all employees
- Lunch & Learn sessions.
- Socials - A social budget which grows every time we hit budget, with a social team that just loves using it!
- Movement towards a remote first working environment. But don’t worry when you’re in the office we’ll have lots of free food and drink - help yourself to tea and coffee as well as healthy snacks and fresh fruit. Other treats are also on hand - Chocolate Hobnobs are an office favourite!
Keeping safe and healthy in the workplace is important at any time, but even more so in times like these. Therefore, due to Covid-19 all staff members are now working remotely until further notice. Our hiring process is no exception - to protect you, our hiring team and others around, we will be arranging remote interviews with the successful candidates.
SportPursuit fuels sporting adventure with affordable, great quality kit. Founded in 2011, SportPursuit is an innovative online retailer with over 7 million members across the UK, Europe and beyond. We hunt down the best deals available online on a wide range of quality sports and outdoor brands and create an inspiring, personalised shopping experience for each customer. Everyone in the SportPursuit team has the opportunity to make a difference and help grow the business.
Diversity at SportPursuit:
SportPursuit recruits, employs, trains and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender identity and/or expression, or any other protected status. SportPursuit are dedicated to nurturing an inclusive environment where employees can bring their full selves to work. We celebrate diversity of thought and recognise the strength and dynamism that comes with it.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.