Department: Digital Product
Reporting into: CPO
Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes! And whilst we are a digitally-native DTC brand, through www.pastaevangelists.com, we are also the largest pasta brand in the UK on Deliveroo and the only pasta brand in Harrods where we have our amazing restaurant and counter. We are also sold in other channels such as Ocado, Amazon, Zapp, Getir.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it. Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing food tech companies in the UK, having increased revenues by 30x in the past 3 years.
We have recently been acquired by Barilla, the biggest pasta company in the world. We continue to operate independently with the same startup culture and energy, whilst benefiting from the backing of one of the largest food groups internationally.
Given our ambitions, we are looking for a UI/UX Designer professional to lead our next chapter of growth. Find out more below.
Purpose of the Job:
As a talented UI Designer, your opportunity is to delight consumers on our flagship website Pastaevangelists.com and bring our customer experiences to life, right from their very first interactions with us.
We’re trying to build the world’s best Pasta subscription experience and help new customers get started quickly, confidently with zero hassle and ensure existing customers are delighted at every interaction.
We make it easy to enjoy fresh, authentic pasta at home. You will care deeply about consumer experience and contribute to building digital products that people love to use again and again and that positively influence KPIs of the business.
Who you are:
- You’ve got solid experience (3-5 years) as a designer, in a growth startup environment, with a strong portfolio of work.
- You are someone who acts autonomously and wants to define your path to success –
- You’ll be able to define what great is, explain your process and demonstrate how it solves customer problems, and be able to get your team brought in to your ideas
- A proven track record of being able to deliver highly ambitious products. You’ll be ready to show what these are, and how you made it happen.
- You know how to test and measure the effectiveness of your designs
- You have solid experience in everything from ideation through to finished designs
- You’re collaborative and can work with the team to problem solve and rapidly iterate designs
- You feel comfortable picking up new, relevant design tools, and use data to prioritise what you work on.
- You can give and receive feedback constructively, and you’re always keen to learn.
What you'll do at Pasta Evangelists:
- You'll get to know our customers and their problems, build empathy, and a deep understanding of their needs.
- You’ll discover, design and deliver simple, beautifully crafted, intuitive experiences that delight customers.
- You’ll be influential in your team, increasing awareness of customer needs.
- You’ll monitor the impact that your work has for our customers and the business KPIs.
What we can offer
- This is a new and key role in the business. You will be one of the first hires in the new product team, where you can help shape the future of the direct to consumer experience.
- Define your path to success – we’re looking for someone who acts autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with the team to create a vision of your own, inspire and bring get stakeholders and the wide team aligned to our mission.
- Regular interaction with the senior management and key stakeholders right across our small and very passionate team of pasta evangelists!
- Regular team virtual socials and, when can be back in the office, in person socials, pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- Pro-rated 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- Competitive salary for the right candidate.
- Free pasta delivery every week, free Italian lessons, heavily discounted gym membership.
To apply, please:
- Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would like to join the Pasta Evangelists team & why you are right for this role.