Job Title: Account Director, US Market
Salary: Competitive base salary + Commission
Location: London based (with flexible working)
We are seeking an Account Director to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and supported by 2 Account Managers you will be responsible for growing our business with our key US Job Board clients.
You’ll need to be confident of delivering to targets and at making things happen both through your own team but also by influencing the wider Adzuna team. Growth in North America is the company’s number one strategic priority, so you will have all the support you need from the whole organisation.
In return we offer a fun working environment within a high-growth business where you can make a huge difference.
This role is based in London, with travel to North America as appropriate.
- Directly manage strategic Job Board accounts
- Identify and convert new strategic Job Board accounts
- Once converted, work with the Marketing team to ensure that new accounts have a seamless onboarding experience
- Ensure that the marketplace is balanced and that revenue opportunities are delivered to the highest possible quality to ensure return business
- Secure regular upsell from existing accounts by identifying tactical opportunities and making them happen
- Build strong, long term relationships with key accounts
- Hit revenue and margin targets
- Manage 2-3 Account Managers responsible for mid-sized Job Boards and Direct relationships
- Hire, manage and develop a team of world-class Account Managers
- Share success learnings across the whole Adzuna business
- Ensure sales and training materials are up to date
- 6+ years of hands-on experience, with broad exposure to sales and account management / client success - or a relevant product management, business development or growth role
- Have managed others effectively and enjoy bringing a team together to achieve results
- Highly commercially literate with great communication skills
- An understanding (ideally through direct experience) of the digital recruitment marketing / advertising space, including performance-based pricing (pay per click / pay per apply) models and programmatic job distribution would be beneficial
- Some experience working in North America and success building traffic in markets such as US and Canada would be a bonus
- Enjoy working to daily, weekly and monthly targets whilst maintaining a flexible positive attitude
- Show a desire to make decisions, take ownership and make judgement calls in an entrepreneurial team
- Organised, efficient, detail-oriented, commercially-savvy, ambitious and smart
- Can lead by example and are happy getting their hands dirty
What’s in it for you?
Adzuna is a growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We’re at a really pivotal time in our journey and it’s an exciting moment to join. We’re growing rapidly in Europe in particular on the back of cutting-edge programmatic technology, expanding our labour market data offerings and growing year on year (and hiring!) despite COVID-19.
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary,, performance bonus, stock options, a contributory pension scheme and Perks at Work.
- Wellbeing: We take the wellbeing of our employees seriously and have taken every step possible to protect the health and wellbeing of our people during COVID-19. Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health, access to free counselling and a programme of wellbeing activities and events. We have a flexible working policy and during COVID-19, for the foreseeable, no one is expected back in the office unless they choose to attend. We also run regular wellbeing workshops, offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave because we welcome people with families, and 25 days paid holiday per year
- Training: Through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending (virtual) conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: An environment that is thoughtfully designed to allow for work and play including (when we’re not restricted by COVID-19) a roof terrace, bar and table tennis. We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Much of this is all done remotely at the moment of course - even during COVID-19 we are still managing to have a lot of fun ‘together’ thanks to our great Social Committee.
Some of the above benefits might be subject to the country of residence in case of remote working.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Germany and Austria working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 16 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 16 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.