Bonnet’s mission is to fight climate change by accelerating the uptake of sustainable transport. We want to become the largest and most reliable network of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in the world and put ‘range anxiety’ to bed. Through software alone, we turn every public and private charging location into an accessible and simple charge point that any driver can use.
EV sales are growing 150% every year and charger installations are expanding at a similar rate. The problem today is that chargers are difficult to find, have non-intuitive payments and are confusing to use.
Bonnet is flipping the EV charging experience on its head. Having recently raised a $5.5m Seed round, we're looking to bring customer-centricity and new technologies to the EV charging sector. The app is a one-stop-shop for EV charging away from home, allowing drivers to see, route to and pay for chargers. A single Bonnet account can be used with any charging station and features such as smart route-planning and easy payments simplify the whole experience.
About the role:
This is an opportunity to contribute to a project in its early days. As a young and quickly- growing startup in a nascent market, we create new technologies for our customers and are looking for creative minds to join our team. It is a great way to learn about a rapidly expanding industry (wink wink Tesla) and become an expert and pioneer in a vital sector of the future.
We're currently a team of 25, with our engineering team accounting for roughly half of that. You'll be working closely with Eliot (CTO and Co-Founder) and your chapter, maintaining and improving our Back-End and Front-End services to provide a fantastic charging experience for our customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with the whole engineering team and influence the system architecture and feature design
- Design, test and deploy new features for our driver-facing and charger-facing products
- Work independently on projects from start to finish, launching finished products to market
- Support new partner integrations
- Maintain and enhance services based on user feedback and analytics
- Improve the security and reliability of our system
- Enhance front-end design for our B2B web apps
- Build and deploy custom APIs for interconnected services
- Probably many other things that we aren’t even aware off since that’s how the startup life goes!
What you'll bring:
- Experience in designing mobile apps
- Understanding how every pixel and button contributes to the high-level picture
- Independent worker, taking ownership of own work stream and projects
- Super creative individual who can come up with ideas; borrow from other verticals and sectors
- Knowledge and industry experience of prototyping tools. We use Figma, but are open to whatever you prefer
- Comfortable with all phases of design: Empathise, Define (the problem), Ideate, Prototype, and Test
- Interest in how your work is developed, striving to understand as much as you can about front and back-end development, and see yourself as extension of the engineering team
- Working proficiency and communication skills in English
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Alignment with our values is just as important as experience! 🙏
What we offer in return:
- 🏡 Flexible work-from-home policy - including our amazing office in Covent Garden!
- 🌴 30 days holiday (excl. bank holidays), plus an extra day off on your birthday!
- 🍼 Generous parental, child loss and compassionate leave
- 🤸 Regular team lunches and team socials
- 💰Stock Options and annual bonus
- 💻 MacBook and all equipment needed
- 🏥 Currently working on rolling out health insurance for the team
We believe that people from diverse backgrounds, with different identities and experiences make our company and product better. No matter your background, we'd love to hear from you! And if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you - we're happy to accommodate!
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com 🤍