FOR PEOPLE WHO COLLECT MEMORIES, NOT STUFF.
Truly is a leading online retailer of unique, inspirational experiences in the UK.
Our head office is in London, UK, but we mostly work as a distributed team across multiple countries and cities. And though we are separated geographically, we are united and bound by our Mission - to deliver happiness through inspirational experiences.
We’re looking for a Remote, Full-time Frontend Developer with some full stack skills to join our Product Team, focused on building out our site with new functionalities for internal and external products. Beyond this you will need to help us maintain existing systems whilst we work towards replatforming.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level making major technical decisions to build and launch a new, purpose built system.
In the role, you'll have the opportunity to be part of a small, dynamic team working in an Agile way. You’ll be able to learn about the experience industry and work through complex problems with frontend code, APIs, continuous delivery and infrastructure as code. We are a small team, so you may need to jump in and help with tasks outside of pure frontend development. As such experience with full stack development will be beneficial.
We work with React on the frontend, so comprehensive knowledge of and experience with this framework is a must.
Location: The role can be done remotely, with regular sprint meetings conducted over video chat.
Key Attributes: Curious, constantly learning & pushing yourself; have opinions on how things should be done. Enjoys collaborating with other team members. Enjoys autonomy and takes initiative to thoroughly understand requirements before starting to code.
Career Progression: In the short-term, we expect you to become the lead frontend expert on the team and able to contribute to backend work as needed. In the longer-term, we expect you to grow into a technical team leader and be a mentor to other junior engineers.
As a Team We’re Working Towards:
- Migrating Magento app to a modern platform and building our own APIs for the new features we’ve got lined up
- Making all of our fulfillment processes more robust, efficient, seamless and automated
- Transforming the UI and UX for our mobile and desktop users through better design, faster response times, personalisation, better communication and new features
- Debugging and fixing legacy code
- Improving and maintaining the web infrastructure that runs the site
- Supporting our concierge and merchandising teams with issues and technical queries
- Enforcing and updating our security procedures
React, Node.js, PHP, Symfony, Redis, MySQL, PostGres SQL, Ansible, Bitbucket, Docker, AWS (EC2, RDS, SNS, S3), CloudFlare, SCSS
We like engineers who code for readability and maintainability. Here are some desirable traits:
- You write automated tests
- You document when you make changes others might need to understand in the future
- Your commit messages make sense to others
- You make technical decisions that future-you won't hate you for
- You don't mind being available for out-of-hours emergencies
- You ask for help when you don't know something
- You speak up when you think there's a better way to do something
- You understand the need for a common development process
- You keep up-to-date with software engineering by reading blogs and attending interesting meetups
- You take pride in your code ensuring it is well tested and meets all requirements