The amazing team at leafe are excited to announce we have a job going! We’re looking for Software Engineer to join our team in Bristol. We’re a food tech startup looking to make chefs’ lives less stressful by allowing them to do their paperwork digitally, and 65% faster.
As a Software Engineer, you will be working as part of a small team of 4 and reporting directly to the CTO. You will be using a range of modern and exciting technologies, such as Flutter and Firebase to build and maintain robust and scalable software solutions. You will be working on a wide range of projects including frontend, backend and DevOps, thus developing your skills as a Full-Stack engineer. You will also have the chance to carry out research and lead independent projects.
- 2+ years experience working in a software development team.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language including object-oriented design.
- Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Experience using modern software design principles.
- You have a growth mindset, are curious and not afraid to be experimental. You share your ideas and continuously improve yourself and the team around you.
- You are passionate about engineering practices like agile, continuous delivery, test-driven development, observability and reliability.
- Computer Science (or related) degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
- Experience working with cloud technologies.
- Experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications and services.
- An understanding of distributed and high-volume systems and architecture patterns.
- You have experience designing, implementing and scaling cloud-native software on providers like GCP or AWS.
Holiday + Additional Benefits:
- 🌴 26 days annual leave excl. Bank holidays
- 📆 Four day work week
- 🗣 Private, one-to-one counselling & mental health sessions available
- 👟 Gym or sports membership of your choice
- 🍽 The opportunity to regularly explore new and exciting restaurants and culinary experiences with the team
- 🎓 Learning & personal development allowance
- 💻 Tech and hardware accessories budget
- 📈 Employee stock options scheme
- 🐶 Pet friendly office
While we focus mainly on tech solutions, we have deep roots in hospitality (half of our founding team are chefs themselves!) This in mind, we wanted to create an approach to doing what we do that retains all the good parts of working in the hospitality industry, without any of the drawbacks. That means focusing on things like adapting to fit what is needed to help out the rest of the team, working as hard as we can to create the best product for our customers, and most importantly, keeping corporate smoke-and-mirrors to an absolute minimum. It also means making sure your mental health is prioritised, and that you are well rested and rewarded for your work with us.