Sideways 6 exists to change the world for the better by bringing employee ideas to life. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere and that giving employees a voice is the secret to business growth and success.
Over 4 million employees from some incredible companies like Marks and Spencer’s, AstraZeneca, Diageo, British Airways, Vodafone and Nestlé trust the Sideways 6 approach and we’re on a mission to bring good ideas to life every day, everywhere, from everyone.
Sideways 6 was named one of the Top 100 Mission-Led Organisations to Work For thanks to our people. We’re really proud of our 5-star reviews on Glassdoor and it’s a testament to the way we treat our employees. They are given a lot of responsibility, lots of room to develop and make a big impact and the chance to be part of something pretty special. The ‘Idea Beer’ probably helps too…
Lead sales at an ambitious, growing, mission-focused enterprise SaaS Scale-up.
As part of our exciting plans for growth, we’re looking for an ambitious, experienced enterprise seller to lead and grow our sales team working with some of the world’s best companies.
We’re an established enterprise start-up delivering big value to brilliant well-known companies through our employee ideas SaaS platform and services. Our small but mighty sales team is currently led by our founder, and we’re looking for someone to come in and lead the team - and company - to the next level.
This is the ideal opportunity for someone who has consistently hit quota in a scrappy, fast-paced start-up enterprise SaaS environment, has some management experience and is looking to take their first steps into a true leadership role.
You’ll be responsible for ‘the number’ in the short, medium and long term. You’ll work closely with the CEO and leadership team, you’ll influence company strategy and you’ll build an awesome culture in a high-performing sales team.
Short-term: You’ll roll your sleeves up and build a true understanding of our company, customers and market by closing deals yourself and with your team whilst you iterate on our sales playbook.
Medium-term: You’ll coach your team to consistently smash quota, nurture the team’s culture, work with experienced and developing Account Executives and SDRs and collaborate well with our product, delivery, marketing and partnerships teams.
Long-term: You’ll grow a team of high-performing sales professionals to achieve our purpose: Bringing good ideas to life every day, everywhere and from everyone.
Requirements and traits of a successful applicant
- 10+ years of experience successfully selling enterprise SaaS software, ideally in an early-stage environment
- Experience building and managing large enterprise deals in line with the MEDDPICC sales qualification framework.
- Experience advising senior executives on deals with multiple stakeholders, discretionary budgets and bespoke solutions
- Some experience managing a team
- Experience closing both inbound and outbound opportunities, in a small team or solo
- Experience making decisions on sales operations and sales technology
- Lifelong learner with insatiable curiosity. You’re a tinkerer and you’re always asking why. You’re determined to be the best you can be and make self-development and professional development a priority
- Great manager/coach - invested in your people’s development, an ability to practice candour and a default of leading by example
- A strong network of peers and other sales professionals who you learn from
- A thirst for data and the ability to use data to drive decisions and improvements
- Determination, resilience and comfort with uncertainty
- Values hard work
What's on offer
- We don't clock watch, we trust you to manage your time
- An annual whole-company Summer summit in the sun
- Two weeks work from anywhere a year
- The ability to work from our new offices in east London with a fully stocked drinks fridge in the office as well as a great coffee station
- Dog-friendly office with a range of furry friends (Murphy, Jasper and Sausage)
- Option to have a stake in our growing business with stock
- A generous educational budget (£600) to use at your discretion
- We celebrate tenure and offer you an extra day holiday for every year you're with us
If you only fulfil 75% of the criteria, we encourage you to still apply, we are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to building a diverse culture. We are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds and all applicants will receive consideration without discrimination.