INTERN – PRIVATE EQUITY INVESTOR LEAD GENERATION
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is interested in pursuing a career in private equity, investment management, investment banking or investor relations.
We are looking for a summer intern to help us re-start our exclusive senior-level business networking events in the private equity, renewable energy and infrastructure sectors.
For over a decade, AltAssets has organised the pre-eminent events in the private equity industry to connect institutional investors with private equity and infrastructure fund managers in a private club-type environment. Following a gap, due to Covid restrictions, we are getting back to arranging face-to-face business events for our network of the biggest and most active investors in the world.
Opportunities to get into the private equity industry are severely limited and highly competitive. Successful completion of this internship will give a candidate an insider’s understanding of the industry and a significant advantage over other candidates competing for jobs in the industry.
70% of the role will involve:
- Inviting Limited Partners to exclusive events to meet leading fund managers, using email marketing strategies and extensive telephone follow up.
Additional activities will include:
- Identifying institutional investors from banks, pension funds, multi-managers, family offices (aka Limited Partners) who invest in renewable energy, infrastructure and private debt fund managers.
- Researching the key trends in the industry and the issues being faced by institutional investors.
- Working with the Head of Business Development to create high impact marketing and investor relations messages.
- Arranging meetings between institutional investors and fund managers on the day of the event or at other times.
- Understanding of the structure of the private equity industry.
- Outstanding communication skills in order to write convincing messages and talk directly to senior investment professionals.
- Tenacity, perseverance and resilience - never giving up, regardless of knock-backs.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Maturity, self-discipline and results oriented.
- Experience of lead generation, telemarketing or recruitment would be useful but not necessary.
- Open to postgraduate students currently pursuing a Master’s degree in a finance-related subject, or third-year undergraduates, or recent graduates in a finance-focused subject.
- Full-time, 10 to 12 weeks during June to September.
- Remuneration: £10 per hour, plus bonus of up to 150% depending on results. (Equivalent to annual pay of £20K to £50K).
- Hybrid working: WFH 2 days per week and rest of time in our office at Bank in the City of London
You’ll be part of a diverse, dynamic, young, sociable team and be joining us for free beers (or non-alcoholic drinks), Friday lunches, team dinners and social events (if you want).
The best applicants for this internship will be sent a questionnaire to complete to enable them to display their interest in private equity.