A unique opportunity in a fast-paced tech start-up….
We’re looking for a responsible, diligent and detail-oriented Finance Administrator who wants to join an early stage SaaS start-up and look after the day-to-day financial workings of our business.
Ayda is a B2B SaaS platform that automates the manual tasks involved in User and Market Research - importantly for the Finance Administrator, our service includes facilitating incentive payments. We’re a truly customercentric business, solving problems experienced first-hand by our Founder and delivering solutions that our customers want and need. We’re growing fast and have ambitious plans for the next stage of our business. As a team we’re diverse, tight-knit and multi-disciplinary. Driven by results, the difference we make to our customers and a love of what we do.
About the Role
Your primary responsibility will be to perform a variety of financial and administrative duties. You will strategize on and plan for financial goals by working daily to achieve and maintain the financial health of our organisation. You will be responsible for maintaining accurate records and be required to remain compliant with all laws and company policies at all times. This means our Finance Administrator will have high ethics, integrity, and accountability.
Specifically, you will:
• Track and reconcile our operational sub-ledger; a record of all payments facilitated via the Ayda
• Prefund and maintain business accounts held at 3
rd party payment providers
• Process draft receipts via the Ayda platform, posting to the appropriate customer account
• Facilitate occasional manual payments via 3rd party payment providers
• Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
• Prepare, track, and reconcile budgets
• Prepare and submit payroll
• Prepare and file company tax documents
• Identify and correct miscalculations and financial discrepancies
• Develop and streamline operational efficiencies
• Stay current with all regulations, requirements, and laws
Administrative duties may include:
• Manage schedules for appointments and deadlines
• Develop and maintain administrative processes
• Keep an organised online file system
What you bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or similar
• Proven work experience as a finance administrator or similar
• Practical experience with accounting software (such as Xero) and spreadsheets (such as MS Excel)
• The ability to work autonomously, learn quickly and adapt to new software and processes
• A solid understanding of bookkeeping procedures including crediting and debiting appropriate
accounts, posting entries to ledger accounts, and reconciling accounts
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• High level of critical thinking and logical analysis
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Able to work well under pressure and meet all deadlines
• Always keeps the highest standards of compliance and confidentiality
Apply because you want to…
• Take on a role with huge potential for growth within a fluid and dynamic company which strives on the evolution of its product range.
• Surround yourself with smart, open, curious, and action-oriented people with opportunities to learn at every turn.
• Join a strong culture of openness & transparency.
• Have your voice heard – we want you to challenge us and we’ll challenge you too!
• Enjoy flexible working arrangements.