Gravity is a fast growing co-living and residential brand managing a diverse portfolio across London while planning a UK and international expansion.
Young professionals nowadays demand a living product that removes the stress from renting, provides a supportive social environment and makes the frenetic daily life much easier.
Our fast growing team is looking for a young and talented finance/account manager to join the company in this important phase of our growth.
As an essential member of the Finance team, the finance/account manager will be working in close contact with the Sales team and be responsible for handling customers’ accounts after the sale has closed. The candidate will be handed the customer account and will be responsible for issuing contracts, preparing regular invoices, reconciling payments and issuing additional invoices for ad-hoc services booked by the customer. It will be the candidate’s responsibility to ensure timely payment of receivables and to chase customers for any unpaid invoices.
Additionally, the candidate will support the CIO and Head of Operations in the payment of invoices to service providers and vendors, the bookkeeping and reconciliation of income and expenses through the accounting software, liaison with the company external accountancy firm overseen by CIO and any other financial control activity required.
Here’s what you’ll do;
• Issue contracts to customers in line with length of stay and pricing indicated by sales, setting up regular invoicing and issuing ad hoc invoices for utility costs above set fair usage as well as additional services during the stay
• Support sales in collecting customer account details and required documents for Tenants Application and in managing contract renewals and extensions
• Reconciliation of invoices on the accounting system, monitoring of payments and receivables, regular liaison with Sales
• Processing and bookkeeping of invoices payable to service providers, vendors and landlords
• Support to Operations teams in the bookkeeping and management of expenses accounts
• Manage & organise monthly council tax payments and set up for all new bookings and move-outs. • Follow-up and resolve payment issues/queries, chasing payments where appropriate
• Review exception items and escalate pertinent issues as required
• Provide monthly aged creditors reporting and analysis
What we would like to see in you
• Excellent communication skills and fluent in English
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and under pressure. Keen to work in a small team and not afraid of handling requests of support from various departments with assessment on what to prioritise
• 1 or 2 years experience within an accounting or bookkeeping department
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Experience with Xero or similar (excel proficiency? Other softwares?)
• Competitive salary with annual discretionary bonus (£25-35k depending on experience)
• 23 days annual leave
• Access to a whole host of perks like discounts on groceries, gym memberships, travel, and entertainment
• Social events and more!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent