The company and product
The average person will spend 90,000+ hours at work.
And for most people work is still a pretty mediocre experience.
That’s why we started The Pioneers… because we want to make people happy at work.
We work with the rapid growth scale-ups who are going to define the future of work.
We help them to create the culture that drives their growth by designing and building their people operating system (peopleOS).
What do we mean by a peopleOS? Think of it as the digital infrastructure that powers the People Experience in a company. The peopleOS is our model for applying contextual behavioural science to create a coherent, systemic approach to people management that reflects a company’s purpose, values and brand and which allows for personalised, user centric employee experiences.
For companies that are serious about nurturing a culture that gives them a competitive advantage, it’s the peopleOS that translates this aspiration into reality in a way that’s scalable and sustainable.
The role and the work
We’re a digital agency that builds people management solutions for scale-ups.
The foundation is data: setting up our clients’ data infrastructure so all their People data feeds into a consolidated, structured database. We think of this like a ‘lego baseplate’.
Then we build modular ‘digital lego bricks’ to solve specific people management challenges. Each module solves a specific need, is self-sustaining and feeds into the data baseplate. The modules also connect together to create a coherent system and seamless user journeys.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for outbound approaches within the tech community
- Be responsible for all sourcing efforts, including monitoring and reporting activity
- Creation of job specifications
- Conduct 1st stage interviews and assess candidates qualifications and fit
- Work closely with multiple teams to gain an understanding of the hiring needs and job requirements
- Creation of candidate profile summaries after 1st stage interview
- Stay up to date with best-recruiting practices and approaches
- Ensure the Employer Branding strategy is aligned to attract talents
What you’ll need to be successful
- Be very organised and have excellent administration skills
- Good understanding of technical jobs, particularly within Software Development
- Passionate and able to drive things forward
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of various job boards, HR software and databases
- Solid experience in conducting various types of interviews and selections processes
- Ability to recruit for both technical and non-technical positions
- Ability to communicate well and manage relationships with various stakeholders
- Hands-on approach and willingness to continuously learn and develop
The ideal candidate
You have to care about making work better for people. If our purpose doesn’t resonate with you, please don’t apply.
You have to be a pioneer. You should be driven by a need to explore, to challenge the status quo and to do something groundbreaking. You should be curious about the interplay of behavioural science, design thinking and technology and excited about solving new problems.
You’re a quick learner and you’re comfortable with taking on responsibility and exercising autonomy.
You care more about your impact on users and whether you make a difference to people’s working lives, than about building technology for technology’s sake. We want someone who is excited about working with the latest technology, but we’re an applied business... our value is in making technology useful for clients and creating great user experiences.
Ideally, you’ll have some commercial or operational experience of working in a rapid growth scale up. One of the requirements of this role is to consult and advise clients and it’s helpful if you have some firsthand experience of our clients’ operating context.
You’re excited about being part of a team of fellow pioneers, supporting other people and bringing your unique strengths, characteristics and quirks to the party.
Call/ Video call with a member of our Talent Team
Minimum of 25 days holiday with unlimited additional days
Salary sacrifice schemes like Cycle to Work and Electric Car
Half a day a week dedicated to your personal learning and development