MAGIC uses computer vision, connected weights and 3D cameras to deliver personal training by the world's best athletes at home.
MAGIC is the first in the world to allow users to perform exercises in front of an intelligent hologram mirror which uses our own custom computer vision software to correct real-time form, rep count, and give live feedback to give a completely hyper-personalised workout. We have combined this with our patent-pending dumbbells and co-created workout content with the world's leading athletes.
Similar to how Masterclass.com has done for the higher arts, we enable anyone to be coached by the world’s best in sport, strength, yoga, boxing, dance etc. Users get 1:1 hyper-personalised tracking and feedback as if being personally trained + corrected by them -- but without having to pay £100s a week in typical personal training fees.
We are stocked in Selfridges, were named Techround’s #1 IoT startup 2021 and were recently backed by Virgin Startup.
We are venture capital backed by leading multi $billion VC funds who also invested in unicorns: Grover, Scalapay and Onfido as well as the founders/angels from Spotify, Stripe, Facebook, Hopin and Tough Mudder.
About the Role
We are looking for a dedicated Head of Workout Programming & Talent to form part of the founding team. This will be one of the most exciting roles in the company which will enable you to work with celebrity and Tier 1 athletic talent to formulate workout programmes with them, ranging from strength-based exercise to boxing to yoga to dance. If you've ever wanted to rub shoulders and work with the world's best sports and athletic talents, then this is your chance! You will also get to spend your days coaching and training users at home through our platform using our world-first blend of content and computer vision form tracking.
We see this role expanding to become the overall Chief Experience Officer for the company.
What is Involved
- You will need to develop world class workout programming - ranging from strength based workouts over a 4 week programme, to one-off celebrity masterclasses. These could range from 10 min classes to 45 mins in length.
- Onboarding and sourcing trainer talent involving a mix of celebrity athletes, olympians and experts in their respective sports
- You will need to co-ordinate with all talent to formulate set workout programmes ahead of video shoots - with the view to get the best out of the talent's skills and secrets. In the coming future, we'd see you negotiating and brokering deals with top tier athletic and celebrity talent yourself - along with our advisors.
- Arranging video shoots with the AV team at our own studio space in Bethnal Green.
- Supervising the editing process to ensure high quality workout content is loaded onto our platform in the correct edits to a set pre-defined schedule.
- Product workout testing to ensure the output and workout form tracking on our smart mirror appears as it should for the user. This role will also involve testing the quality of the computer vision form tracking where we will need your regular testing of the tech team's developments to test the accuracy of the form tracking and to ensure the automated feedback is true to form. You will get to add your own feedback into the product.
- Take ownership of the release of programming ranging from boxing, pilates, barre, strength-based, yoga, dance, bodyweight and core exercise programmes.