MAGIC uses computer vision, connected weights and 3D cameras to deliver personal training by the world's best athletes at home.
MAGIC is the first in the world to allow users to perform exercises in front of an intelligent hologram mirror which uses our own custom computer vision software to correct real-time form, rep count, and give live feedback to give a completely hyper-personalised workout. We have combined this with our patent-pending dumbbells and co-created workout content with the world's leading athletes.
Similar to how Masterclass.com has done for the higher arts, we enable anyone to be coached by the world’s best in sport, strength, yoga, boxing, dance etc. Users get 1:1 hyper-personalised tracking and feedback as if being personally trained + corrected by them -- but without having to pay £100s a week in typical personal training fees.
We are stocked in Selfridges, were named Techround’s #1 IoT startup 2021 and were recently backed by Virgin Startup.
We are venture capital backed by leading multi $billion VC funds who also invested in unicorns: Grover, Scalapay and Onfido as well as the founders/angels from Spotify, Stripe, Facebook, Hopin and Tough Mudder.
About the Role
We are looking for an Operations Intern to work directly with the CEO and co-founders. This suits someone who is a budding COO or wants to be CEO/founder of their own startup one day. You should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the business. Ultimately, you’ll help ensure our operations run smoothly and that people are productive. As a core member of our founding team, you will ride the entire startup wave from founding to scaling up and will gain deep experience across the functions that make a startup successful.
- Formulate business strategy with others in the executive team
- Managing supply chain and QA team from China to the UK.
- Social Media and assisting marketing team with new brand ideas, campaigns
- Managing influencers and creative product or content shoots
- Managing the fulfilment and logistics functions within the UK including delivery to customers.
- Design policies that align with overall strategy
- Coordinate customer service operations and find ways to ensure customer retention
- Report on operational performance and suggest improvements
- Finishing university or previous work within early stage startups
- Self-starter, proactive and willing to get hands dirty.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership ability
- Analytical mind
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Competitive salary.
- Share Options in the company so you own what you build
- Opportunity for role to develop into permanent role that best matches your skillsets.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling by the day. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of MAGIC now and in the future.
- Unlimited Holiday (self-directed time off)
- Flexible Home/Hybrid Working from our London HQ
- Mental Health Wellbeing support
- Professional learning & development budget.
- Special Pricing on the MAGIC Studio
- All. The. Fun. Regular awesome socials.