Mid/ Senior Content Creator
You’re a social media savant who loves to create joyful, engaging content, loves cats, and keeps a beady eye on what’s trending across the internet’s biggest platforms. And most of all, you want to use your creative powers for good – with a start-up that changes lives. Well, welcome to KatKin, where you can help change the cat food industry and change the lives of cats everywhere.
Did you know that some cat food contains as little as 4% meat? Cats are carnivores – they need meat to thrive – but cat food companies use powdered animal derivatives because it’s cheaper and easier, and they top it up with grains and fillers that cats find hard to digest. It’s all about shelf life and profit; not what cats really need.
We do things differently at KatKin. We’re changing the cat food industry, with our 100% fresh-cooked premium meat recipes, delivered to doorsteps everywhere. Each recipe is designed by our in-house vets and nutritionists, to be the very best (and tastiest) nutrition for cats.
And the results show: we’ve got the highest Trustpilot rating in the cat food industry (4.9 out of 5), and an amazing 93% of cat parents see a health transformation in their cats when they join us. It means we’re saving cat lives, and putting pressure on the rest of our industry to be better – to make cat food that’s good for cats. Ready to help us?
Why you’ll love working with us
The energy here will blow you away, from day one. We’re an ambitious, passionate, rapidly-growing start-up, and we never back down on our mission to make cats healthier and happier. We’re proud of what we do, proud of our exceptional products, and you’ll be a central part of that.
It’s an exciting time to join us too. Our customer base is growing every day, and so are our team and our product range – moving into not just cat food but wider cat health products. Surrounded by knowledgeable scientists, big creative thinkers, astute business brains, and a whole team of cat lovers, you’ll know that KatKin is a mere whisker away from becoming a household name, making a difference for cats and cat parents everywhere.
All about your role
As our Content Creator, you’ll know your way around a camera (and a smartphone) and you’re a pro at producing and editing native media – from quick and fun Insta Reels and TikToks, to hardworking longform videos, images and infographics. No matter the content piece, you’ll put the same love, humour and bold confidence into every project you tackle.
You’ll create scroll-halting content that delights, engages, and educates potential new customers and our existing community of cat parents. You’ll have your paws on the social media pulse and be quick-thinking and reactive to new trends as and when they happen.
In this new role, you’ll seamlessly integrate yourself into every step of our creative process, from ideation to execution, and be able to collaborate and learn from our talented team of in-house designers, copywriters, and community manager. With the whole Creative team to support and inspire your work, you’ll always push for better in what you do. Constantly seeking inspiration, you’ll stay up to date with the latest D2C trends and ideas, the best social content and marketing – and of course, the funniest memes for cat parents.
Key ownership areas:
- Bringing fresh ideas and experimenting to create mouth-watering digital content
- Creating a constant stream of assets for social content such as Stories, feed posts, Reels/TikToks and all social-first video formats
- Keeping track of trends, hashtags, music usage and functionalities across Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, et al.
- Pitch content ideas and hop onto social trends that you can confidently bring to life
- Working independently to style, shoot, and edit appetite-appealing digital content
- Analytics – working alongside the Community and Events Manager to understand what drives success from a creative and messaging standpoint
- Content strategy – collaborating with the Creative team to ensure we have a creative concept road map driven by a test and learn approach
- Communicating issues and opportunities to the team
Who we’re looking for
- 3+ years experience in a similar hands-on role, and able to balance a range of briefs and priorities to manage your time accordingly
- Experience of crafting reactive content in response to social trends
- An understanding of consumer behaviour, and adapting content plans to address the needs of the audience
- Technical and creative competence in Adobe CC Suite: After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Technical understanding and practical experience shooting with a phone and camera; paired with an understanding of basic photographic/cinematic principals to ensure a polished, and on brand, creative outcome.
- Typography and layout design – with a clear grasp of how to compose content with compelling text hierarchy
- You collaborate well – but you motivate yourself on your own too
- Integrity, transparency and directness are non-negotiable values to you
- You have a cat, or two or three! And you are passionate about doing the right thing for them!
What we offer:
- Career-defining opportunity in being instrumental to scaling our brand, fast
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing, early-stage business
- No egos and a small, close-knit team
- Monthly team socials
- 25 days of holiday every year plus your birthday off
- 4 week WFA (work from anywhere) policy
- 1-2 days WFH every week
- 12-weeks paternity / maternity leave
- Discount on KatKin fresh meals
- Comprehensive AXA health insurance including optical and dental
- Yearly personal development budget
- Company pension
- Office perks such as: fresh fruit, soft drinks and all the tea and coffee you can drink, weekly pastries, great banter and a cat (and dog) friendly office
Send your CV, portfolio and very brief sentences on the below questions to email@example.com
- Tell us about a time you hustled in order to get something done
- What are your blind spots as told by the person who knows you best?
- Tell us anything about the pet food space you find interesting
- Which DTC brand has delighted you the most and what did they do?
- Which piece of work are you most proud of and why?
- Tell us your favourite thing about your cat(s). (Bonus if plural!)