HouseStars, a mobile app based platform that connects home & property owners and tradespeople in real time for routine property maintenance services.
Property owners in the UK struggle to find tradespeople when they need them the most.
Digital Innovation and ‘appification’ has been little or none in the UK when it comes to working with trades people:
- There is no standardized rate card or escrow payment to protect customers
- Trades people have to subscribe to multiple paid listing websites to bid and buy leads. They end-up bidding to low and could lose out on customers
- We are removing the time consuming process of booking a service, making it 'uber' efficient
- Customers and service providers connect via our App.
- All routine tasks are either fixed price or on a hourly basis. All payments are handled in the app.
- Customers and service providers can make amendment to a booking date, scope and buy extras.
- Via single sign-on, customers are would be able to buy items via likes of Screwfix, ToolStation, Travis Parkins, Wickes, Homebase and similar builder merchant shops and DIY stores. This is currently on our ambitious roadmap.
- We want to remove the need for tradesmen to ask for a cash advance and protect vulnerable customers from rough traders.
HouseStars releases payment once the job has been completed satisfactorily.
HouseStars makes money by charging a flat commission from service providers, advertisements and booking fee from customers.
- To be in charge of the overall technology strategy, execution and roadmap of HouseStars platform while keeping the founders involved and updated on key decision-making process
- Being on the fore front of innovation and bring in best of the breed tech to improve customer experience, operational efficiency and speed of execution
- Being able to support the growth of the business including investor presentations and funding rounds
- Team recruitment, training and building a high performing team
Ability to commit their time during UK business hours and participate in team meetings, events and investor meetings as required
- Mobile App development knowledge - Swift and/or Java
- Good grasp of iOS and Android operating system
- Ability to participate in trouble shooting
- Ability to lead teams in complex environment
- Experience developing B2B or B2C marketplace platforms
- Prior experience as a co-founder in a startup
- Experience in Flutter, PHP, SQL
- Generous equity in the business ( this is no salary until we have raised funding)
- Flexible working hours
- Work with like minded high caliber managment team