We are the social marketplace network called Spiela. (https://spiela.co.uk/community/view)
https://vimeo.com/224122090 – Spiela is a collaborative network empowering people as a whole, but with a particular mission to engage those from underserved backgrounds and ensure that they have a safe and supportive space in which to engage and network with others and opportunities. Spiela facilitates networking and conversation covering a diverse range of topics including business and employment, education, faith, culture and politics. We provide a Question and answer side which gives us a more collaborative and educational aspect to what we do. We have had celebrities such as Britains first muslim astronaut astronaut Hussain Manawer, activists, authors, politicians such as Andrew Fisher, policy adviser for Jeremy Corbyn and many more speak directly with the Spiela community. We are also in partnership with Facebook london and EY foundation.
This is our main feature and really what represents Spiela; real life influencers and partners using our platform to share, motivate, engage and inspire other people. . The main goal is to create a product that provides opportunities through collaboration whilst simultaneously providing more information on various topics for young people. We believe everyone is influential in some way so anyone is allowed to join, contribute and share their view on the platform for the world to see.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer CO-FOUNDER to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- Aid comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Strategy etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Assist CEO in pitching for funding ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, partnerships etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Oversee growth of users on the website spiela.co.uk
- Constantly engage and be high energy in pursuit of funding
- must be able to sniff out and detect opportunities from anywhere
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions in the startup
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in raising funds will be a plus
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- high energy, passion and committment to making this a success and knows how to sniff out an opportunity
- ideally has a strong network of investors/funders (not essential)
Also, looking for the right mentality. If we got something that needs to be done asap, we need you to go out of your way, ALWAYS take initiative and not have a " This can wait until tomorrow" mentaility. Life is to short and success comes and go so really need a COO who understands that and loves a challenge. This is our takeoff month, new design coming in and paid work via our business model coming our way so we really need someone who is dedicated to overseeing the success of Spiela.