Engineius’ goal is simple: to make vehicle movement easy. We are on our way to creating the leading end to end movement solution in the UK for our customers (such as Hertz and The AA), delivered by our network of 500+ drivers and transport agents across the UK.
We went live over three years ago (April 2018). Since then, we have acquired over 80 clients, many of which can claim to be amongst the largest players in the UK automotive industry. We are already one of the largest competitors in our space, but have ambitions to grow much further.
And we can see our hard work paying off, so much so that we are very proud to have received two high-profile awards in 2021 so far, including the best fleet service software product at the Business Car Awards, and the fleet management innovation award at the Company Car Today Innovation Awards!
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking to fill a new Account Manager role with immediate effect. The Commercial team includes our Commercial Director, Business Development Manager, Customer Success Manager and Marketing Lead.
The workload of the team is ever-increasing, as order volume rise by around 40% every quarter. The team’s main objective at present is to onboard new customers and keep existing customers happy and growing. You will be key in helping the team make this happen in a variety of ways on a day-to-day basis.
We are quite specific when it comes to the profiles for this position. You must be a proactive, customer centric person who has had a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an Account Executive, or Customer Success role and is looking to grow their career with a tech start up.
This role will be fast-paced and needs a self-starter who can manage their own workload and shifting priorities day to day. You will be an early employee joining a rapidly scaling business that has the potential to be a true market leader. You will be well-positioned to move into a senior role ahead of your tenure based on the impact you directly make on the business.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Success in this role will be defined by enabling the whole commercial team (that you are part of) to continue to deliver growth by retaining existing clients and adding new ones successfully. An effective first few months with us will look like:
- Making sure customer accounts are rigorously set up on Engineius' internal platform
- Training new customers in how to use the system
Monitor service clients are receiving
- Monitoring service delivery and ensuring we’re delivering what they’ve told us is important to them
- Undertaking client meetings and working with ops team to understand service delivery challenges and successes.
Help deliver client projects
- Quoting for new projects and close out new orders through to being live
- Taking ownership of your customer projects internally (typically hundreds of deliveries of a certain type), including setting up and maintaining booking systems
- Working directly with clients to iterate and refine processes, update data, and sending daily reports to key stakeholders
- Meeting, identifying and achieving customer KPI’s
- Leading in management of our B2B accounts
Manage internal workstreams
- Being responsible for keeping our CRM system fully up to date and undertaking continuous improvements to it
- This includes customer contact and operational information, sales pipelines and competitor intelligence
What Skills Do You Need to Succeed:
- Enthusiasm: We are very flexible on prior experience and existing skills set - the most essential thing is a fantastic attitude and enthusiasm to help our business reach its full potential
- Personality: Very friendly and helpful demeanour; a person that will naturally fit into the team and build effective working relationships quickly
- Proactivity: A proactive and independent individual with strong decision-making skills, and able to use initiative
- Curiosity: An analytical, reflective mind and a genuine interest and passion in our business
- Ambition: To personally succeed and develop quickly
- Resilience: The ability to operate in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Commercial awareness: to identify opportunities independently
- Technical Skill / Analytics: (Flexible)
- Proficiency in the normal tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, and related computer applications
- Advanced data skills useful but not critical
- Experience that could be interesting or useful: You must have a minimum of 5 years of customer or account management with an open and flexible attitude focused on supporting and growing your customers. Example profiles we will consider are:
- Degree in marketing, business or something similar
- Proficiency in office software, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Express.
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Great organisational and time-management skills
- It would be advantageous if you had experience in working at a start-up company where you’ve demonstrated hunger and impact
What Engineius Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Discretionary bonus subject to company and individual performance
- Full-time role, Mon – Fri reporting to the Customer Success Manager & Commercial Director
- Great central Birmingham office location (Somerset House, 37 Temple Street, Birmingham, B2 5DP – free use of the gym, showers, free hot drinks and more
- Well-being is important to us, we offer free access to LifeWorks
- 25 days holiday which increases by an extra day for each full year you work with us
- Workplace pension
- Discounts on private health insurance, major retailers, gyms, cycle-to-work scheme
- Fantastic opportunity to join a high growth company at an early stage
- We truly believe that diversity and inclusivity make better teams – we want to receive applications from as wide a range of people as possible. We want you to be you.