At Unitu, we’re on a mission to help Universities enhance student life by amplifying student voices and being more effective in closing the feedback loop.
We’re doing this by providing an online platform for university staff that enables them to collect and act on student feedback quickly whilst allowing students to see the impact of their voice based on the actions taken by the University.
To learn more about how our product works, watch this short video: https://vimeo.com/352025918
We’re seeking an experienced Software Engineer to help us innovate our product, solve complex challenges our users are facing and ensure our product road map is focused on creating massive value for our customers and users.
This role can be progressed into a senior technical lead with the opportunity for an increase in salary based on performance.
Terms of the role:
- Length of contract: Rolling contract
- Probation period: 12 Weeks
- Official start date: Jun 15, 2022
- Starting Salary: £1,500
- Hours per week: 40 hours
- Working style: Flexible / Remote
Responsibilities: (Duties and Responsibilities)
Meetings and process responsibilities
- Break down features into technical requirements and user stories with Product Owner
- Own the entire technical implementation from UI hand over to Code release
- Ability to understand design requirements, communicate with the Product Owner, comprehend business and product needs and translate them into technical user stories
- Build and iterate current and new features on both web and mobile apps (front-end and back end)
- Diagnose and solve issues in the production database
- Lead, manage and be accountable for completing 2 epics per quarter
- Lead, manage and implement the appropriate testing infrastructure
- Either make the bug fixes or delegate to devs and support them in fixing bugs
- Implement technical integrations for university clients
- Support CTO in managing and maintaining the API integrations with our University Partners
- Ensure the dev process is being followed correctly by other developers
- Be available to have ad hoc support calls
- Onboard and mentor new team members
- MUST HAVE: Fluent in English
- MUST HAVE: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Punctual, reliable and a self-starter
- Strong wifi/microphone
- Back end development skills (experience with objective-oriented programming, .NET Core)
- Experience with databases
- Experience using APIs
- Agile experience with Scrum or Kanban
- Experience in managing software projects
- User-centric approach
- Capable and experienced in working with the business on strategic planning
- Self-directed and excited to learn new technologies
- Keen to grow and become a technical lead
- Lead by example (practice our company values)
- Remote working/Flexible hours
- Casual wear
- Investment in courses and professional development
- 21 Days Holiday
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.
We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please let us know if you require anything which would enable your success throughout our interview process.