At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we build quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We have launched Europe’s first Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to bring quantum to our customers’ fingertips and help them improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 45 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, software and business operations from marketing to intellectual property. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
As our Recruitment Assistant, you will be a critical member of the Talent Acquisition team and will help us identify and get in touch with world-class talent, and provide them with the best possible experience when they apply to OQC and join our team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual who will help us further develop our elite team and support our commitments to diversity and inclusion in recruitment. In carrying out this role, you will play a crucial part in the journey of OQC as a growing tech startup and employer of choice.
This role is hybrid: our team gathers in the office 2 days a week and can work from home on other days if they prefer.
- Administer our Applicants Tracking System, anonymising CVs and organising interviews
- Assist hiring managers and the Talent Acquisition Team in preparing role descriptions, updating scoring matrices and disseminating interview scripts & tests across the panel of interviewers
- Assist in high-quality talent searches, identification and acquisition of the best candidates available
- Publish roles on job boards and suggest ideal boards for publication, also negotiate T&Cs and manage on-going relationships with agencies
- Carry out reference checks, secure visas
- Participate in recruitment interviews
- Research competitors and market place
- Collect and analyse data to help us keep track of our recruiting metrics
We offer competitive remuneration based on experience.
We also offer multiple benefits, from private medical insurance to Employee Assistance Cash Plan, from cycle to work to gym and fitness memberships. All our employees also participate in our ESOP. For more info, visit our website.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
You must have the right to work in the UK.
- At least 2 years of experience in recruitment or assistance / administrative support to a recruitment function
- Experience of interviews and evaluation of candidates
- Experience in the use of applicant tracking systems, preferably Workable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and plan routine activities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, organisation
- Continuous improvement mind-set – looking at opportunities to innovate & improve
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience in the technology industry
- Understanding of UK labour legislation
- Professional knowledge & experience of Slack, G Suite and Zoom
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
As part of our application process we ask that you also provide us with a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what attracts you to OQC. Applications without a cover letter including this information will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us.