At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we build quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We have launched Europe’s first Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to bring quantum to our customers’ fingertips and help them improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 45 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, software and business operations from marketing to intellectual property. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
As OQC’s Partnerships Lead you will be responsible for developing and managing a pipeline of commercial opportunities with large global companies, research institutions (including universities) and governments, and seeing those through to contract. You will be a critical interface between our customers and our technical and product teams and will also be(come) a renowned member of quantum communities in Europe, actively speaking at conferences and events to articulate the benefits and use cases of OQC’s technology.
We are looking for a self-starter who thrives on delivering technical conversations in a simple and effective manner, and who has extensive stakeholder engagement experience and negotiating skills.
As OQC’s Partnerships Lead you will:
- Discuss and develop sales plans, strategies and goals with the Executive Team and lead the execution of these activities
- Manage the sales life-cycle, from identifying business opportunities, to developing commercial offers and closing deals
- Develop and foster relationships with customers and stakeholders (incl. academia and government), at every level of the business or organisation
- Maintain extensive knowledge of development, trends and changes in the quantum industry to ensure OQC’s competitive advantage
- Network and present at conferences (incl. prepare decks)
- Liaise with colleagues to scope projects, prepare detailed and compelling funding proposals and/or business cases, support marketing goals
- Maintain contracts and an up to date database of all leads and relationships
We offer competitive remuneration based on experience.
We also offer multiple benefits, from private medical insurance to Employee Assistance Cash Plan, from cycle to work to gym and fitness memberships. All our employees also participate in our ESOP. For more info, visit our website.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Ability to understand and communicate the benefits from the development and application of quantum computing, and OQC’s technology in particular
- 7+ years of B2B experience in a deep tech or ‘as-a-Service’ environment
- Excellent negotiating skills and excellent track record of closing large deals, including with government agencies
- Solid experience in the negotiation of complex contracts
- Demonstrable ability to influence various stakeholders into using, partnering, or promoting OQC’s technology
- Strong experience in sales account management, account or territory planning, pipeline building and opportunity management
- A passion for emerging and or deep technology and a strong desire to communicate technical elements in a simple, effective manner
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects / customers simultaneously
- Confident in presenting to multiple levels of management and to large technical audiences (incl. with excellent track record of designing technical presentations, white papers and support tools for customers)
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of quantum theories, quantum technologies, international quantum computing landscape (including the key stakeholders, prospective applications, use cases and/or market opportunities)
- Previous experience in a high-growth environment
- Understanding of IPR management
- Knowledge of UK and international investment and research funding structures
- Experience in producing business plans for early-stage technology opportunities
- Knowledge of other major European languages (eg. French, German)
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There will be a requirement for travel worldwide for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us.