At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We have launched Europe’s first cloud-based quantum computer service – Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to help our customers improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 45 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, software and business or creative industries. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
As OQC’s Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will support our end to end recruitment processes. You will be responsible for sourcing and attracting new talent, providing an exceptional recruitment experience to all active, passive and potential candidates. You will draw on your professional experience to advise on sourcing channels, selection methodologies and participate in the delivery of the overall talent acquisition strategy. Collaborating with hiring managers, you will support hiring goals and play an essential part in expanding our world-class team and building OQC’s reputation as an employer of choice. We are looking for an energetic individual who is passionate about helping us to build an excellent & diverse team.
- Conduct high-quality search campaigns using creative tactics and a variety of sources proactively identifying, engaging and attracting candidates via multiple recruitment channels
- Work closely with hiring managers, preparing role outlines (descriptions, package, the timeline for recruitment, etc.). You will also assist with role documentation (scoring matrices and interview scripts), and in leading initial and secondary interviews and tests
- Provide training to the hiring team on recruiting, interviewing, and the selection process as required ensuring the team at OQC is well-equipped and comfortable with interview techniques alongside HR and values-related matters (e.g. unconscious bias, emotional intelligence, team management, etc.)
- Deliver a superior experience for all candidates progressing through the end-to-end hiring process
- Work closely with and mentor our recruitment administrator
- Identify skill gaps and organise succession planning through recruitment.
- Suggest ambitious quarterly recruitment KPIs and implement creative strategies to reach them. Regularly report on successes and failures
- Propose process improvement initiatives to streamline hiring process
- With the support of our Recruitment Administrator, check references, negotiate employment offers, secure visas, sign contracts, coordinate new joiners’ onboarding
- Where needed, support the Executive team with OQC’s upskilling and career progression strategy and activities, helping our colleagues thrive at OQC.
We offer competitive remuneration based on experience.
We also offer multiple benefits, from private medical insurance to Employee Assistance Cash Plan, from cycle to work to gym and fitness memberships. All our employees also participate in our ESOP. For more info, visit our website.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
You must have the right to work in the UK (unfortunately, we will not be able to sponsor visas)
- At least 5 years of strong hands-on experience within a Recruitment agency or internal function that supports fast-paced organisations
- Extensive experience of (phone / virtual and in-person) interviews, candidate screening and evaluation
- Extensive sourcing/headhunting experience across niche technology and engineering disciplines as well as a desire to assist with general, non-technical roles. Creating and managing search campaigns via a variety of platforms to drive candidate engagement (job boards, LinkedIn and social media etc)
- Excellent understanding of recruitment processes, including proficiency in using applicant tracking systems (ATS), preferably Workable
- Experience working to multiple of recruitment related KPIs
- Good knowledge of UK labour laws and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and plan routine activities in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement mind-set – looking at opportunities to innovate & improve
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience in a startup environment
- Good understanding of the current business climate and career trends
- Ability to quickly grasp the technical skills required at OQC
- Professional knowledge & experience of Slack, G Suite and Zoom
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There may be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for careers fairs.
As part of our application process we ask that you also provide us with a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what attracts you to OQC. Applications without a cover letter including this information will not be considered.
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you!