We are a historical data and analytics company, solving some of the most complex and challenging problems in big data and financial markets. We have built an award-winning data analytics platform for processing vast quantities of granular limit order book data and are in the process of productising this platform.
We have a fantastic team and our culture is inclusive and highly collaborative, a place where our employees are encouraged to be themselves.
We give all our employees share options, empowering them to get involved in decision making and help shape the future of our company as we continue to grow and scale.
We offer a combination of remote and office (London based) working, weekly team lunches and plenty of office snacks!
About the role
We want to expand our platform team with an experienced developer, to help us architect and build new products and enhance existing ones.
We use a modern stack comprising e.g., Python, Flask, OpenAPI, Docker and Postgres running on AWS. We test everything; the quality of what we produce is very high. We use scrum to organise and schedule work. We’re a diverse and informal group who complement each other well.
This is a golden opportunity to gain significant experience developing AWS-based applications in a leading FinTech in a phase of significant growth.
You are a productive, precise and adaptable software engineer with a track record of industry, designing and building highly-available, highly-scalable, high-throughput systems.
You have a talent for showing other people how complex problems break down into simpler ones and an eye for spotting edge-cases.You have a high degree of formal or acquired computer science education, and you have an extensive working knowledge of Python and its ecosystem.
You can be relied upon to get stuff done autonomously but you collaborate seamlessly with your colleagues.
Skills / Requirements - Essential
- Significant commercial experience designing and implementing production distributed systems in Python.
- RESTful web service design, practical experience of common security concerns.
- Relational database design and optimisation e.g., analysis of execution plans.
- First-rate analysis and communication skills.
- 1 day a week in the London office at Old Street.
Skills / Requirements - Desirable
- AWS technologies e.g., EC2, ECS, EKS, EMR, RDS, Lambda, Cognito.
- Containerisation e.g., Docker.
- UI technologies e.g., React/Typescript, Playwright.
- Git and Atlassian tools.
- DevOps tooling e.g., Jenkins, Gitlab, CodeBuild.
- Infrastructure-as-Code e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible hybrid working - Old Street based office
- Share Options after completion of probationary period
- Pension Scheme
- Continuous learning through training and challenging projects
- Collaborative culture
- Weekly team lunchesFree fruit, snacks and drinks provided throughout the day (when office based)
- Fridge fully stocked with beer and wine (when office based)
- Regular Team Socials
- Cycle to Work Scheme