Are you interested in helping us to productise our SaaS offering to serve clients on a global basis, and serve a genuine social good? Are you ready to join a small and experienced team of innovators and make a significant contribution to our success?
Signapse is an exciting and fast-growing funded start-up that is using deep learning to build automatic sign language translation. Our technology is grounded in world-leading computer vision research developed at the University of Surrey with a focus on GAN-based video generation. Our AI product is soon to be trialled with a number of major global brands within a set of technically challenging use cases that will bring life-enhancing benefits to sign language users.
Signapse is growing its team of experts and is now recruiting for an experienced Full Stack AWS developer. We offer competitive equity packages and a fully remote working environment, within a friendly and collaborative team culture, mixed with a drive for excellence and a passion to grow and succeed.
• Commercial software development and testing with deployment to AWS
• Docker and Kubernetes
• Linux, Python
• Git and the essential tools to work in a team development environment
• Experience of software test methodologies
• Thorough understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
• Databases (relational and noSQL).
• A Computer Science or other science-based degree background
• Other cloud platforms e.g. G-Cloud, Azure
• Tools development
• Working in distributed teams
• Agile development practices
• Build systems (e.g. Jenkins)
• Monitoring & alerting (e.g.Prometheus, Grafana)
• Develop end to end technology features of production quality
• Deploy deep learning models to cloud infrastructure
• Develop prototypes to demonstrate new features and technologies
• Providing structured updates and demos to the wider team.
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, company pension scheme
• Competitive compensation and high-value equity packages
• Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies and be involved at the early stages of a high growth business
• Free sign language classes.
This is a full-time position, with normal virtual office hours of 9 am to 6 pm, although flexibility is offered to suit reasonable personal circumstances. What matters most to us is strong collaboration, meeting agreed milestones and the delivery of high-quality work. Please note you must have the right to work and live full-time in the UK when you apply for this position.
Equality and Diversity
Signapse is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity in our team. Our
aim is that our team will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels
respected and able to give their best. We’ve created a culture of encouragement and support to enable our employees to focus on what they truly want to achieve for successful career development. Our work-life policies and flexible working practices make our employees feel more in control of their personal and working life. Any applicants who are native sign language users are guaranteed an interview. As part of our recruitment process, the Company collects and processes personal information, or personal data, relating to job applicants. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and to meeting our data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018. By applying for a position with us you are giving your consent for us to do so.