Spotlas is a brand new social network revolutionising the way people discover, choose and experience spots all over the world.
Follow friends, family, influencers, celebrities and locals in order to see all of their favourite spots around the world – from cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs to hotels, museums, shops and beaches.
Any spot, any occasion, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our expanding product development team.
You should have experience in managing Linux based infrastructure, relational databases including postgresql & Elasticsearch and proven experience in Go programming language - whether that is from learning in your spare time, creating your own projects, or working within a formal setting. Knowledge about any other scripting or Java, JVM languages or Kubernetes are a bonus. We are looking for someone with proven experience as a Backend Developer and also the perfect candidate will have…
- An eagerness and excitement to learn and pick up new skills.
- The ability to learn and improve quickly.
- An extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An excitement & appreciation for Spotlas, the platform and the startup environment.
- The desire to work hard and at a high level of intensity.
The starting salary for this role is £35k - £54k depending on the experience of the person we hire. In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to be enrolled into our employee share options scheme.
This is a remote position but you are open to work from our offices in Marlyebone on a flexible basis. We offer all of our employees flexibility with opportunities to work from home and for an exceptional candidate we would be open to offering fully remote work.
- Submit an application explaining why you want the job and why you think you’ll be great at it (max 200 words)
- Complete a coding test
- Technical Interview
- Character based interview