About Window Fleur
Window Fleur is a totally unique direct-to-consumer window box subscription lifestyle brand. We offer convenient, ready-planted window boxes that are easy to install, easy to refill and easy on the eye.
We launched in 2020, and have built a really solid customer base with a focussed product offering. Having just raised investment from some great investors, the next 12 months are going to be really exciting as we launch a much wider range of products and open up delivery to the whole of the UK (we currently only deliver within M25).
We’re looking for an Operations Manager to work directly with the co-founders. This is our first full time hire, and so you’ll be an integral part of the business. In time this role could grow into the Head of Operations. Whilst the role will have an operational focus, you’ll have the opportunity to work across all areas of the business offering a unique role for someone that’s keen to get their hands dirty ( literally!) within a fast growing but early stage startup.
You’ll be a vital part of the business, and have significant input on our future growth and direction.
Based in Ealing, London, full time on site job but there will be work from home opportunities when possible.
What the job involves
- Direct day to day operations, this includes stock management; regular planting up of our window boxes; occasional distribution to customers; overseeing our delivery schedules; managing all things operational at our seasonal changeovers, Customer service management
- Plant care, and maintenance
- Create capacity for rapid growth by identifying the best operational setup
- Implement “lean” methodologies to reduce waste and improve efficiency and quality
- Lead development of operational tools, databases and systems
- Pilot and launch new products and services to meet the needs of our customers
- Ensure our customers are happy with the Window Fleur product and experience
- It goes without saying, you’ll need a love for all things plants, and whilst basic horticulture knowledge is useful, it’s more important that you’re passionate about our product and willing to learn.
- Highly organised; this is a must.
- Previous operational experience. A decent understanding of Shopify and Hubspot (or alternative CS management software) would be a plus.
- Whilst we’re a growing startup, we’re still in our infancy so you’ll be happy with a lot of hands-on work of a physical nature.
- You have positivity, tenacity, energy and a love of just 'getting things done’
- Full driving licence and happy to drive a van
- You know your way around the Google and/or Office suite
- We’re currently based in Ealing, London so you’ll need to be able to commute to us, free parking available.
- Half-day off every month to do a plant related activity, to get inspiration!
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Employee share scheme
- Free left over plant stock
- Dog friendly office