1/3 all food gets wasted, our mission is to make food efficient.
To check if meat is fresh enough to eat, we use our nose, or check the use-by date printed on the package. But 1/10 people get food poisoning each year, and 2/3 of food waste is edible. The system is broken, and that's our opportunity.
We replace use-by dates with smart labels that measure freshness, and AI that predicts shelf-life. We invented this technology as scientists at Imperial College London, and we're using it cut waste across the whole supply chain, from food producers to people at home.
We're hiring an Operations Exectuive to join our rapidly growing team. We seek a smart, adaptable and organised individual to join us for the long term, and potentially grow into a leadership role.
You'll understand the complete company operation, working closely with the CEO and COO
- Fundraising: Manage and help grow our grant funding portfolio, support VC fundraising
- Recruitment: Identify, contact and screen top candidates using best tools available
- Marketing: Email updates and social media content with BlakBear messaging and technology
- Operations: Organise and improve our project management (Google Workspace and Notion)
- Team: Strive to improve our culture, organise team social activities, support office and laboratory operation
- *Responsibilities are likely to change as our team and resources are growing rapidly
We hope you will grow into a VP or Head of Department in our company, with a significant shareholding. You'll help us form a culture that scales.
- Impactful work
- Top tier private healthcare
- 26 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Competitive salary (£24k-£50k) and high stock options (0-0.5%)
- Flexible office and remote working
- Healthy snacks always available in the office
- Monthly team dinners at our favourite spots
- Good numeracy, capable of maintaining complex financial spreadsheets
- Good communication in spoken and written English
- Ability to work at BlakBear HQ in London, UK when required
- Bonus: Experience in project management
- Bonus: Experience applying for and managing grant funding
- Bonus: Experience recruiting
- Bonus: Experience in the food industry
Founded by a team of PhD technologists from Imperial College London, we have >£1.5m from grant funding and revenue. Our technology is patented and we are already selling it, generating revenue from supermarkets, producers and consumer-goods companies, across the supply chain. We are still a very small team, but we will double in size in the next 12 months. Your responsibilities could grow very fast.
Psychological Safety Safe to voice opinions, even if they go against the group, no fear of retribution or adverse impact on reputation. Critical feedback is celebrated - asked for, listened to, then acted on
Intellectually Curious Studying our craft, using the best available tools, we prioritize learning over being right
Team Dependability We support each other through the hard times, this team has your back. Everyone can trust that high quality work will be produced on time. Everyone looks after each other, sharing responsibilities as a family
Embracing Risk Turn chaos and mystery into opportunity. Live a culture of excitement at our mission
Passionate about Solving Real Problems Avoid environmental politics and focus on building and scaling solutions