Are you our next Analytics Engineer? We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Analytics Engineer to join FutureLearn’s Data & Analytics teams. This is an exciting new role, offering huge variety, working with a modern data stack and interacting with key stakeholders across the organisation. FutureLearn has made significant investments into its data pipeline to enable fast, easy and scalable access to our data. Our core data stack consists of Stitch, Meltano and Airflow for the ETL pipeline, Snowflake on AWS as our main analytics data warehouse, dbt and SQLfor in- warehouse data manipulation and structuring and Looker for data visualisation and reporting.
For over 15 million learners, FutureLearn is the gateway to high-quality lifelong learning – something we’re truly passionate about in our mission to transform access to education. Partnering with over 260 international educational institutions and businesses, we up-skill learners and fire up their creativity, interest – and, of course, their CVs! – with our online courses. We’re building a connected, collaborative, global community where learning is available for all. We’re on the cusp of emerging from a plucky EdTech start-up into a truly transformational business, with meaty goals for the next five years. You could help us achieve those goals, working in a dynamic environment and with a truly passionate team.
Whats the opportunity?
This role is ideal for a strong individual contributor who can work alongside the Data Engineers, Analysts and Scientists. The successful candidate will own the creation and maintenance of analytics ready data models in Snowflake, applying software engineering best practices to support efficient, automated reporting, insight generation and advanced predictive modelling. They will work closely with analysts and business teams to understand their analytics needs and enable a self-serve analytics culture across FutureLearn, by turning raw and semi-raw data into insightful and trusted KPIs. We are looking for someone who understands the end-to-end data and analytics process and has strong analytical acumen and intellectual curiosity to learn new technologies.
As part of FutureLearn you will be able to work within a stimulating, multidisciplinary, inclusive and diverse working environment that promotes collaboration, teamwork (AGILE framework), personal initiatives and career growth.
What will you will bring to the table?
- 3+ years hands-on experience creating analytics data models in a cloud data-warehouse environment, experience with Snowflake would be an advantage, and knowledge of data warehouse design principles
- Excellent SQL skills, experience with dbt would be an advantage, and able to create efficient data models to enable analysts, data scientists and business self-serve users
- Experience with ETL tools like Stitch and Meltano and visualisation tools, like Looker, would be an advantage
- Experience in building and maintaining a consistent data model, enabling the efficient creation of business insights by analysts, scientist and through self-service
- Strong problem-solving ability and intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication and relationship building skills; able to interact and engage with all areas of the business.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualification
- Fully flexible working environment/hours, with stylish offices in Holborn
- 28 days’ holiday (plus 8 days’ public holiday)
- Buy and sell up to 5 days’ holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme, and showers and secure bike parking in the office
- Season Ticket loan
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Open University Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Personal training budget and dedicated time to take our online courses
- A diverse and inclusive team to work with
Note: FutureLearn operates a Remote First working practice. A hybrid approach where home is likely to be where you'll spend most of your working time, but you will need to attend our London offices for relevant meetings, engage with and support colleagues.
What happens next?
Ready to go for it? Click 'apply for this job', include your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to become a FutureLearner, and how you’ll nail this role.
We can't wait to meet you!
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
Please email email@example.com if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.