Filter by category
Filter by type
Innovate UK Grant Writer - Round 4 at GrantTreego back to Data and Product Jobs
Immerse yourself in cutting-edge UK technology & help big ideas become the next big thing! Do you excel at communicating complex business proposals in an accessible written form? Are you a freelancer who wants to focus on delivering maximum value to client interactions, free from the burdens of admin and project qualification? Do you see yourself at the heart of British Innovation, mingling with the country’s latest and greatest founders?
If so, read on!
We are constantly expanding our network of subcontracted Technical Writers. At GrantTree we work with many of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities. Our 20-person Grants team creates bespoke project teams, consisting of Project Managers, Copy Editors, Junior Consultants, and Technical Writers for each application we deliver.
Our Technical Writers are responsible for creating compelling and engaging narratives that speak to the requirements of the grant in question; capturing the imagination of the assessors to secure consistent wins for our clients. And we’re looking to add more expertise to our already talented network of writers.
That’s where you come in.
We maintain a pool of subcontracted writers, to tailor-fit the projects to individuals with the right background and expertise. As an Innovate UK Grant Writer, you will gain a quick understanding of your client's vision and motivations by leading engaging deep dives with founders / C-level executives, augmented with thorough background research. You will establish effective relationships with our Project Managers, Client Acquisition Managers, and Junior Consultants, providing them with content and knowledge for each bid application you work on. You will create concise and honest application narratives in GrantTree’s voice, whilst accounting for client specification, to position them in the best possible light for a bid.
- You are a trained scientist, engineer (STEM subject), or Medical Doctor, preferably with a Ph.D. or MSc in your chosen discipline and/or significant experience in your chosen STEM subject
- You can converse confidently with senior professionals and innovators that are at the cutting edge of their fields in a variety of subject matters
- You are comfortable working remotely from GrantTree and its clients
- Understanding of UK/EU Grants funding landscapes and an in-depth understanding of the Grants application process
- You work as a self-sufficient freelancer; as an established sole-trader or limited company structure
- We are particularly interested in those with backgrounds in life sciences, physical sciences or computing
For this role, we offer a fixed sum per application and a share of our success fee. If this role excites you, please apply via this advertisement or forward your CV, a short covering email, and a sample of your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The next steps will be a phone call and meeting to discuss how we might work together.
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.