QuantSpark is a data science and analytics consultancy based in London. Our mission is to create strategic value for our clients. We deeply care about the commercial impact of our work and this entrepreneurial approach informs everything we do.
We go beyond the remit of traditional strategy consultancies by blending advanced data analytics and software engineering capabilities to build analytical tools that deliver long-lasting value – the tools and solutions we create become embedded in our clients’ daily operations. Our ever-growing client base consists of FTSE 100 retailers, prestigious Private Equity houses, governments, and global tech companies.
Yes, the work is hugely impactful and engaging, but it’s our talented team which is our greatest asset; we take pride in providing a collaborative environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to grow their career.
You’ll be joining at a hugely exciting time, with plenty of opportunities to be involved in shaping the direction of our fast-scaling organisation.
As a Full Stack Developer at QuantSpark, you will work in a client or product squad. You will be able to switch between squads on a regular basis, thus experiencing many opportunities to have an impact on a range of exciting projects. Our squads are small and nimble, so you will have plenty of opportunities to bring in your own expertise and introduce your preferred best practices.
As a Senior Developer at QuantSpark, you will also show support others, taking real ownership of solution design, architecture, tech organisation, documentation, and our testing process. You will lead discussions, bring new ideas to the table, come up with new features and enjoy carving out a role as a visionary in regards to our code.
This role requires experience gained within a commercial environment.
- Python web development (Flask/Django, Gunicorn and ORM)\
- Database and caching technologies (e.g., PostgreSQL/MySQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Unit testing, TDD • Linux / Bash
- Code management (Git, Bitbucket)
- Strong product-centric mindset. You should be interested in the way software products are built and comfortable to be proactive with your ideas and opinions.
- You are open-minded and inclusive in your work and communication style.
The following skills are certainly not required but would be beneficial:
- A keen eye for good user interface design and user experience
- Experience of designing a web app architecture
- Experience with Python packages used for data science (familiarity with Pandas, Numpy, Scikit, Tensorflow)
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- £50,000 - £73,500 per annum salary (based on experience).
- A thriving scale-up environment with plenty of opportunities to shape your role.
- Friendly, open, and transparent culture.
- Huge monthly training & conference budget to help you upskill and develop your career.
- Flexible hours and hybrid working; work from home or our office.
- Option to work from abroad for up to one month each year.
- Top tier Private Healthcare.
- Numerous, perks, discounts, and rewards.
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays.
- Pension contribution scheme.
- Opportunity to work on social impact & pro bono strategy projects.
- Optional monthly socials, dinners, and fun nights out.
- A fully stocked supply of breakfast, fruit, and refreshments for the days when you are in the office.
What the team say
Joining a new company can be equal parts daunting and exciting, it can be hard to tell if a company will be right for you. To give you a feel of what it's like to work at QuantSpark, here are some snippets of recent feedback from our team members:
- “QuantSpark hasn't just met my expectations, it's far exceeded them. I feel good about getting up to start my days, finding out what other people are up to, and carrying on with my own work. I feel like everyone is pulling together, in the same direction, to make the company progress.”
- "QuantSpark has a great culture where team members are fully empowered to lead the way in their roles. I believe this type of environment allows employees to learn new skills and quickly begin to thrive.”
- “Diversity of thought is genuinely valued in a way you don't often see in the workplace. There is a culture of trust and a flat hierarchy that allows our team to leverage the benefits of diversity beyond slogans and statistics and become a high-performing team.”
QuantSpark is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, or disability.