Hello, we're Farewill and we're out to change the way the world deals with death.
All of us are going to die. It’s a fundamental, tragic, romantic part of what it is to be human - but the industry that sits on top of it isn’t designed to help us make the most of it. We challenge this status quo by building great product experiences that make dealing with death simpler, more personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone.
We believe that by equipping people to navigate some of life’s hardest moments, we bring families together, help individuals face up to the fact that they’re going to die, and make life, while it lasts, more meaningful.
We're the UK's biggest (& favourite) will writer, top rated probate provider, and one of the leading funeral companies in the country. Backed by top investors, in the last 24 months we've:
- Averaged a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 82
- Hit 10,000 Trustpilot reviews at 4.9/5
- Grown revenue 800%
- Closed our £20m Series B
- Won Consumer Business of the Year, Economic Innovator of the Year, Employer of the Year, and more!
- Ranked #3 in the UK's 100 Most Innovative & Disruptive Businesses
- Raised over £500m for charity
If you fancy reading more about our team and culture, have a browse here!
As Farewill’s lead content designer, and reporting to the Creative Director, you will:
- Work collaboratively with a small studio of highly talented creatives; including an expert in product design, brand design, and user research
- Work with the team to understand our users and make evidence-based decisions
- Collaborate with the lead designer and other areas of the business to create simple, inclusive, empathetic user journeys, whether they’re online, in-app, over the phone or in-person
- Communicate and collaborate clearly and effectively with stakeholders across the organisation
- Advocate for inclusive and accessible content to create the best possible user experience
- Contribute to product decisions, balancing the business requirements with the needs of our customers
- Continue to develop our house style and approach to content design
*Please note this role will not include any people management, however this opportunity may be available in the future depending on team size.
For this position we would like to see a portfolio showing evidence of:
- Content design leadership, resulting in simple and effective content across multiple platforms and devices
- Attention to detail and care for the craft
- An analytical approach with a human, user-focussed outcomes
- Collaborative ways of working with design, research, product and engineering
- Strong communication, documentation and facilitation skills
- Assessing and establishing content design patterns
Some nice to have experience:
- Previous work with vulnerable customers
- Experience working in scale up environment
What we offer:
- £60k-£75k salary plus generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
Making your application as smooth as possible:
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves, bring their whole selves to work, and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process - to help set you up for success - then please let us know too.