Commercial Assistant - Transport Partnerships
Salary: £25-30k, depending on location and experience
Location: Remote or hybrid (UK-only)
About RideTandem (www.ridetandem.co)
RideTandem is building the world’s most flexible transport solution.
Traditional public transport – especially buses – have steadily gotten worse over the last decade. In many places, if you don’t have a car, you might find it difficult to get to work, access healthcare, or get to the supermarket.
While almost all transport technology companies focus exclusively on huge cities like London, New York or Berlin, RideTandem is the first technology company focused on directly improving transport options for people living in towns and small cities.
RideTandem’s tech-enabled partnerships with local taxi, minibus and coach companies offer a uniquely flexible alternative, providing employers, local governments and others with bespoke transport solutions that also do good in the world. By making it easier for our passengers to share their commutes and other journeys, we’re reducing the number of cars on the road, and enabling more than £1m of wages every month for our passengers.
As a fast-growing start up, no two days at RideTandem are the same. We’re committed to making transport better for everyone, and we’re working towards that goal by creating user-friendly tech, providing world-class customer service and helping get people to where they need to be, every single day.
RideTandem has been founded by three experienced co-founders and is backed by leading investors.
About the role:
You will be joining the team as our Commercial Assistant - Transport Partnerships, to help us grow our transport supplier network. You will be responsible for assisting the Sales team by collecting quotes from local transport providers whilst also building relationships with them and converting them into RideTandem partners and advocates.
- You will work closely with our sales team to collect quotes by email and phone from a mixture of existing and new transport partners for newly requested routes.
- Use your communication and negotiating skills to ensure that we are working with transport providers that are able to offer the best prices and service for our customers.
- Onboard new transport partners (e.g. training on using our driver app, collecting due diligence such as proof of relevant licenses and insurances held)
- Manage the relationships with new and existing transport partners so we can build really good working partnerships. They should feel valued and enjoy working with us - that will be up to you to build!
- You’re a people person! You must have excellent people skills with a strong customer service attitude.
- You’ll have high levels of empathy - understanding what our transport partners need to run their business successfully and how we can best support them.
- You’re a problem-solver with a ‘can-do’ attitude - finding a way to make things work for our customers even when the obvious solution (and maybe the next and the next) haven’t quite worked.
- Previous experience with new business outreach/cold calling would be beneficial. Although the role is not an outbound sales role, you will need to be super comfortable picking up the phone numerous times a day, speaking to operators about potential new routes and negotiating on pricing when applicable
- You should be a natural negotiator even if that’s not something you’ve done professionally.
- Must be able to work without supervision and must be self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good attention to detail!
Working at RideTandem:
What we offer:
- 28 days per year annual leave plus bank holidays
- A pension scheme with employer contribution
- The chance to be part of a meaningful challenge and to see the impact of your work;
- Working with a motivated, fast-growing team that is driven by a passion for positive social impact;
- Access to our options scheme
We’re building our team to be remote-first. Our team is based across different parts of the country, so whilst we’ll speak every day – you should feel confident working solo. Team members based in or around London have the option of working from our office near Chancery Lane.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in and suitability for the role.
We can only accept applicants that have the right to work in the UK.
If you have any questions – please get in touch and we’ll be happy to help!
We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team. We really do want applications from a range of candidates. If you can do most of the above, but you’ve got a nagging doubt that it’s not quite everything - please do go ahead and apply. We can’t promise we’ll hire you, but if you explain why you’re a great candidate - we promise to consider your application carefully.
Application deadline: ASAP, with applications shortlisted on rolling basis