With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
As a Programme Manager, reporting to the VP of Portfolio Management you will be responsible for managing programmes in various disease areas from discovery through to clinical development.
In each programme, you will work closely with a leadership team representing the key functions; and you will coordinate the activities of an extended cross-functional group of highly skilled individual contributors, collaborators and CROs to drive execution to ensure the successful delivery of our internal portfolio which is at the core of our business.
- Create a well-structured plan with a timeline and budget and work with partners across geographies and functions to determine resource needs.
- Challenge assumptions for time, costs and risk in order to optimise project delivery.
- Manage and expose risks and dependencies to identify sources of limitation and constraint. Access priorities and create mitigation plans.
- Leverage a broader network to ensure continued engagement from stakeholders.
- Collate qualitative and quantitative information on project performance and produce project reports for internal management and decision-making.
- Manage the team towards effective governance decisions.
- Coordinate with other areas of the business such as product management, design and development.
- Champion best practices in project management and embed better ways of working across the organisation.
- Facilitate outsourcing discussions, including the negotiation and approval of contracts.
We are looking for someone with:
- Significant experience leading complex projects in either pharmaceutical/biotech/life sciences or tech (ideally AI or machine learning) environments.
- Good knowledge of the Drug Discovery and/or Development process.
- Ability to operate effectively within an entrepreneurial and science-driven company environment, both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to manage a multiple disciplinary matrix team and deliver projects across geographies.
- Proven experience in collaborating with development teams to accomplish defined goals in a timely manner.
- Excellent organisation skills. Ability to multitask and work independently to demanding, changing schedules and priorities.
- Effective communicator with a decisive yet collaborative leadership style and ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships across organisational boundaries.
- Can-do attitude, proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving and issue resolution.
- A sharp focus on delivery with the ability to scale activities and frameworks to suit project needs.
- Experience delivering using waterfall or Agile/Scrum methodologies and excellent working knowledge of project management tools.
Nice to Haves:
- A professional project management qualification e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, AgilePM is not essential but a bonus
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. BenevolentAI has a consistently proven track record of scientifically validated discoveries. The BenevolentAI Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of over 20 disease programmes, spanning from target discovery to clinical studies, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter