Legl is a fast-growing, vertical B2B SaaS platform with a mission to bring the legal industry into the 21st century.
We're making legal services simpler for everyone: changing the way that firms take on new clients, making it easy to pay for legal services, driving data and insights for law firms, and ensuring that everyone can seamlessly access the law.
We have an agile, ambitious and collaborative team, with deep experience across design, tech and legal-tech. We put our employees first and we’re looking for people who can join us on our growth journey.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll make significant contributions to every part of our technical process; working closely with your team to design and build elegant, innovative solutions to complex user problems while maintaining our best-in-class user experience.
You’ll collaborate with your colleagues to give and receive feedback quickly, help to set technical direction and mentor them. If it’s something you’re interested in, you can potentially manage other engineers too.
You’ll also be helping us to continuously improve how we work - whether that’s with new ways of working, new best practice or new tools & technologies.
This can be as a full-stack generalist, or as a front-end or back-end specialist - Engineers at Legl focus on helping their team achieve their goals, whatever the task.
Our Stack and Environment
We work in collaborative, cross-functional, agile development teams that are empowered to achieve their goals, with a focus on working smartly to deliver value early and quickly. We have an agile system that aims to provide structure where we need it and get out of the way the rest of the time. We don’t stand still and we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes and our development tools and practices. We aim to automate what we can, collaborate where we can and are constantly on the lookout for new ideas that will enable us to work better.
The Legl Team
We’re a growing, high-energy, remote-first team where everyone plays a critical role in improving our products and processes.
Our culture is collaborative, ambitious, agile and not ego-driven. Things move fast, we like to see our work solving problems for our customers as quickly as possible, and we value each other. If you share these values, and the description below sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
Learn more about what it’s like to work in our team and get to know one of our engineers, Bogdana, on our blog here.
- You’ve spent at least 5 years working as a software engineer
- You’ve built web software in an agile environment as part of a cross-functional team
- You’re willing to work across the front and back end, even if you’re more experienced on one side
- You’re passionate about technology, and excited to learn through experience and collaboration
- You're product-minded, always aim to understand the core of the problem and focus on the objective you’re aiming to achieve
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, and have mentored, trained or led engineers to success.
- You write clean, performant, tested and maintainable code
- You care about impact, love a challenge, and take ownership of your work
If you’re not sure if you meet all of these requirements, but it sounds like the right role for you, then we’d still encourage you to apply!
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Share options, so we all share in Legl’s success
- Opportunity to join a well-funded, post-Series B startup with product-market-fit to grow, expand and scale, in our mission to make legal services better for everyone
- A dynamic, remote-first culture, where we focus on making work work for you. We give generous budgets for home set-ups, co-working space use if you need or want it, office spaces for collaboration in person
- High impact work that really matters - success in this role will drive our growth and have a big impact on the business and our clients
- A focus on wellbeing with access to support sessions with a psychotherapist and a personal wellbeing budget of £250 per year
- A learning and development budget of £1000 per year
- Regular company off-sites, where we all get together in-person, as well as frequent remote social events
We believe that having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Interviews can be stressful so we've designed our interview process to be as fair, friendly and responsive as possible. We will always let you know what to expect at each stage.
- Call about you and the role (30m, video call)
- First stage Engineering interview (45-60m, video call)
- Engineering exercise and values interview (45m + 45m, video calls)
- We make a decision and give you feedback (30m, video call)
We appreciate the time commitment we’re asking from you. Our commitments in return are:
- To get back to you quickly at every stage
- To give as much useful feedback as we can after your interview
- To schedule interviews at times that work for you - early mornings, lunchtime, evenings are all fair game
We welcome feedback. Let us know if you have any comments on the process in your application.