Hormona is a data-driven women’s health company, on a mission to revolutionise women’s health. Our focus is on hormonal health and we are about to launch our new offering helping women take control of their hormones, through an innovative digital hormone check involving AI-driven health tracking and at-home testing devices.
We use machine learning for our built-in minilab in our app, personalised predictions of upcoming symptoms or periods, to highlight hormonal imbalances and to flag when a user might need medical attention.
We are now looking for a Machine Learning Engineer that will come on board and join our global team of high-performing professionals to lead the delivery and ongoing development of our product. The right candidate will be responsible for building & implementing algorithms, and work closely with our CTO & CPO to deliver the best possible experience and most accurate predictions to our users.
You’ll be responsible for owning our ML-initiatives from start to finish, working closely with internal teams (both data and non-data savvy) to deliver scalable solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end ownership of ML workflows by delivering accurate, personal and more explainable solutions for women’s health issues.
- Develop novel detection algorithms using appropriate machine learning techniques
- Advise stakeholders and advocate for data science best practices and actionable insights
- Drive data solutions, tooling, processes, and deploy models on large sets of data from inception through to production
- Build predictive models using statistical and machine learning techniques: linear and logistic regression, clustering, and testing
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our doctors, CPO and CTO to deliver strategies that impact Hormona’s business and platforms
- Find the right balance between research, product, and infrastructure work
- The idea of working within a successful, high-growth start up in a fast-paced role excites you
- Responsible for creating streamline workflows around analytics, dashboarding, and metrics to identify user journeys and the effectiveness of product empathy
Who you are:
- You're a Machine Learning Engineer with at least 3 years of commercial experience in machine learning, statistics, data analysis and software development.
- MSc in computer science or a closely related engineering discipline
- Ability to design, develop and maintain data infrastructures required for machine learning projects
- Understanding of software architecture and software design to write scalable, maintainable, well-designed and future-proof code
- You are a hands on person who loves to take on new challenges, when it comes to both coding and data
- You have experience in developing software products that went to production
- You have a couple of years of experience in coding in modern programming languages
- You have experience in cloud technologies (we work with Google Cloud)
- You have experience in deploying machine learning applications to production
- You have a solid understanding of data structures, databases, and data storage technologies applicable to data intensive applications
- A passion for big data and healthcare, with a desire to make meaningful contributions with high impact.
- Experience developing for mobile applications (iOS & Android)
- Expertise with image processing algorithms
- Experience of hardware development
- Experience in the medical field
We offer the opportunity to join our early stage company and be a part of the founding team.
Join us on the quest to change the future of women's health,