At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We are developing a cloud based quantum computer service – Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to help our customers improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 50+ people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, and software as well as in operations, business development, recruitment, etc. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and build a technology with practical applications in mind.
We are looking for a Communications and Marketing Specialist to help us develop, execute, and monitor communications and marketing strategies across our traditional and digital channels. This will include market research, content creation, new product launches, social media, and sales enablement. You will be an integral part of our company’s ability to increase brand awareness and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure brand awareness and credibility across all channels
- Assist with all internal and external communications and marketing campaigns
- Design, write, proofread, and edit creative and technical content (branding, advertising copy, graphic designs, promotional materials, etc.) across different mediums (newsletter, email, social media, website, digital campaigns, blogs, press, etc.)
- Ensure the growth and drive traffic, month on month, of our social platforms and website
- Assist with the launch of new products (from market trends to sales enablement)
- Develop campaigns to ensure customer satisfaction
- Implement and track the success of our marketing strategies, share regular reports showing achievement of critical metrics (including campaign results, conversion rates, and online traffic) in order to improve future marketing strategies and campaigns
- Conduct market research
- Brainstorm, detail and enforce branding guidelines
- Help with the coordination of events such as trade shows or conferences
We offer competitive remuneration based on experience.
We also offer multiple benefits, from private medical insurance to Employee Assistance Cash Plan, from cycle to work to gym and fitness memberships. All our employees also participate in our ESOP. For more info, visit our website.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing and/or communications
- At least 1 year of experience in marketing or comms agency
- Hands-on experience with marketing tools (incl. software and applications, social platforms, analytics, design & graphics tools)
- Skilled at writing and editing content with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with product launches and/or integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience with website builders (WordPress a bonus), knowledge of SEO a bonus
- Experience with branding
- Experience with market research
- Outstanding organisational and project management skills, and ability to multitask
- Excellent analytical skills and a knack for marketing-related data
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Self-starter with a creative mind
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
As part of our application process we ask that you also provide us with a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what attracts you to OQC. Applications without a cover letter including this information will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us.