At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we build quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We have launched Europe’s first Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to bring quantum to our customers’ fingertips and help them improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 50+ people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, software and business operations from marketing to intellectual property. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
As OQC’s Legal & Contracts Specialist you will support commercial transactions while managing legal risk, ensuring regulatory compliance, negotiating commercial relationships, and drafting documentation. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team, advising on challenging, strategically important deals with a wide range of clients including start-ups, blue chips, and UK/internationally-based household names. We are looking for someone with solid experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and exposure to GDPR and other global data protection laws.
- Drafting and negotiating high quality contractual arrangements including but not limited to Commercial contracts, MoUs, NDAs, Consultancy agreements and material transfer agreements, Intellectual property-related agreements.
- Reviewing and negotiating Terms & Conditions, MSAs, SaaS Agreements, DPAs, RFPs, and other types of agreements, providing advice and solutions in relation to a wide range of related issues.
- Ensuring colleagues understand and are aware of their obligations and implement best practices to protect the interests of the company.
- Reviewing and updating existing contracts, templates and processes and maintaining an organised system of digital (physical only where needed) records to ensure all deadlines and conditions described on contracts are met.
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company and customer information held in any form.
- Supervise external lawyers.
- Conduct various additional other legal and ad-hoc projects as required.
We offer competitive remuneration based on experience.
We also offer multiple benefits, from private medical insurance to Employee Assistance Cash Plan, from cycle to work to gym and fitness memberships. All our employees also participate in our ESOP. For more info, visit our website.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
You must already have the right to work in the UK. We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this role.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, of which at least 2+ years in-house
- Legal qualification and excellent understanding of GDPR
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of contract law, commercial contracts management, intellectual property management and protection
- Solid negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment, preferably SaaS / tech
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and/or experience in responding to request for information/proposals (RFI, RFP)
- Familiarity with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Experience in a customer/client-facing capacity
- Experience using GSuite, Slack, Zoom and Confluence
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There might be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
As part of our application process we ask that you also provide us with a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what attracts you to OQC. Applications without a cover letter including this information will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us.